Source for Campy toe cages?

Ben Hockenhull

Guest
I had a guy come in today looking for replacement Campy metal toe cages
for his late 80s/early 90's full Campy Bottechia. These cages go on a
traditional Campy platform pedal, and are attached at the pedal by what
appear to be two bolts and a binder plate on the bottom side of the pedal.

All of the metal cages we can find by normal means of are the three bolt
triangular bolt pattern style.

Anyone know of a source for the cages I'm describing? Is this a job for
Mel Pinto?

Thanks

Ben

Ben Hockenhull wrote:
> I had a guy come in today looking for replacement Campy metal toe cages
> for his late 80s/early 90's full Campy Bottechia. These cages go on a
> traditional Campy platform pedal, and are attached at the pedal by what
> appear to be two bolts and a binder plate on the bottom side of the pedal.
>
> All of the metal cages we can find by normal means of are the three bolt
> triangular bolt pattern style.
>
> Anyone know of a source for the cages I'm describing? Is this a job for
> Mel Pinto?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ben

Euro-Asia has Campag, as well as other toe clips.

Ben Hockenhull wrote:

> I had a guy come in today looking for replacement Campy metal toe cages
> for his late 80s/early 90's full Campy Bottechia. These cages go on a
> traditional Campy platform pedal, and are attached at the pedal by what
> appear to be two bolts and a binder plate on the bottom side of the pedal.

Record C-180, Victory and Triumph toeclips. We have 'em

Besides that pattern and Shimano's 3-bolt system there were
a few other odd 'vertical screws' toeclip/pedal designs over
the years. Ya gotta wonder about the rationale. "Works no
better ,solves no problem" as a wise man often says.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org