Source for derailleur limit screws

beerbecue

Jul 21, 2004
Hi All,

I had asked this question previously, and the obvious answer given was "ask your LBS". Well, I checked the LBSs, and was told by each of them that they don't carry them. The upper crust one even said that they couldn't get them.

Call me cynical, call me crazy, but I just can't believe that. Anyway, if anyone knows where to get the actual limit screws, could you send some info my way?

Looks like I may have to go to the hardware store.......

beerbecue said:
Hi All,

I had asked this question previously, and the obvious answer given was "ask your LBS". Well, I checked the LBSs, and was told by each of them that they don't carry them. The upper crust one even said that they couldn't get them.

Call me cynical, call me crazy, but I just can't believe that. Anyway, if anyone knows where to get the actual limit screws, could you send some info my way?

Looks like I may have to go to the hardware store.......
What a bunch of LBS BS.
I bet they throw away old derailers every day that have usable screrws in them. Any shop not populated by morons would keep some to replace buggered or lost screws.Good HW store should have them, metric.

boudreaux said:
What a bunch of LBS BS.
I bet they throw away old derailers every day that have usable screrws in them. Any shop not populated by morons would keep some to replace buggered or lost screws.Good HW store should have them, metric.
That's what I thought too.....