Source for Individual Shimano Sprockets?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mike Elliott, Feb 2, 2003.

  1. Mike Elliott

    Mike Elliott Guest

    Are these available: 20t, 22t, 25t in Shimano HG?

    Harris/Sheldon don't list these sizes as standalone parts. Where else should I look?

    MikeE

    Tags:

  2. Nick Payne

    Nick Payne Guest

    I checked the SJS Cycles web site at www.sjscycles.com, and although they list lots of individual HG
    cassette cogs, they don't have anything in those sizes either.

    Nick

    "Mike Elliott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Are these available: 20t, 22t, 25t in Shimano HG?
    >
    > Harris/Sheldon don't list these sizes as standalone parts. Where else should I look?
    >
    > MikeE

  3. Mike Elliott

    Mike Elliott Guest

    In article <c9n%[email protected]>, [email protected] pitched the following
    well-reasoned bit of troll-fodder into the cage . . .
    > I checked the SJS Cycles web site at www.sjscycles.com, and although they list lots of individual
    > HG cassette cogs, they don't have anything in those sizes either.
    >
    > Nick

    Yeah, I think they are not manufactured in those sizes. On to Plan B!

    MikeE

    > "Mike Elliott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Are these available: 20t, 22t, 25t in Shimano HG?
    > >
    > > Harris/Sheldon don't list these sizes as standalone parts. Where else should I look?
    > >
    > > MikeE

  4. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    Mike Elliott <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Are these available: 20t, 22t, 25t in Shimano HG?
    >
    > Harris/Sheldon don't list these sizes as standalone parts. Where else should I look?
    >
    > MikeE

    Loose Screws lists some *Uniglide* individual cogs, but nothing in those sizes.
    http://www.loosescrews.com

    Jeff

  5. Paul Kopit

    Paul Kopit Guest

    The 25T exists on the 8sp 12/25. Other than freewheels, I don't know where the others existed.

    On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 15:36:32 GMT, Mike Elliott
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Yeah, I think they are not manufactured in those sizes. On to Plan B!

  6. Mike Elliott asked:

    > Are these available: 20t, 22t, 25t in Shimano HG?
    >
    > Harris/Sheldon don't list these sizes as standalone parts. Where else should I look?

    I thought I already replied to this, but I can't see the posting...

    I believe I have all three of these available, $9.95 each.

    See: http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/k7.html#sprockets

    Generally everything from 11-34 is available with the exception of 27, 31 & 33. Those sizes don't
    exist as individual sprockets.

    Sheldon "Sprockets" Brown +----------------------------------------------+
    | Check out my wife's tale of her experience |
    | in the 1975 Paris-Brest-Paris at: |
    | http://harrietfell.com/PBP1975.html |
    +----------------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts Phone

  7. Grenouil

    Grenouil Guest

    "Mike Elliott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Are these available: 20t, 22t, 25t in Shimano HG?
    >
    > Harris/Sheldon don't list these sizes as standalone parts. Where else should I look?
    >
    > MikeE

    Try - RoseVersand in Germany - http://www.roseversand.de/englisch/index.html - they have a lot of
    sprockets at reasonable prices - didn't see a 22T though, and don't know what the shipping to the
    USA would be.....

  8. Mike Elliott

    Mike Elliott Guest

    I read that [email protected] said in article <3E3F46E3.6030801 @sheldonbrown.com>, . . .
    > Mike Elliott asked:
    >
    > > Are these available: 20t, 22t, 25t in Shimano HG?
    > >
    > > Harris/Sheldon don't list these sizes as standalone parts. Where else should I look?
    >
    > I thought I already replied to this, but I can't see the posting...
    >
    > I believe I have all three of these available, $9.95 each.
    >
    > See: http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/k7.html#sprockets

    Hi Sheldon,

    I tried the $9.95 button on that page, and the next page has this cool drop-down box listing
    sprocket sizes, and them three sizes do not appear in the list. Operator error?

    MikeE

  9. Mike Elliott wrote:
    > I read that [email protected] said in article <3E3F46E3.6030801 @sheldonbrown.com>, . . .
    >
    >>Mike Elliott asked:
    >>

    >>>Are these available: 20t, 22t, 25t in Shimano HG?
    >>>
    >>>Harris/Sheldon don't list these sizes as standalone parts. Where else should I look?
    >>
    >>I thought I already replied to this, but I can't see the posting...
    >>
    >>I believe I have all three of these available, $9.95 each.
    >>
    >>See: http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/k7.html#sprockets
    >>

    > Hi Sheldon,
    >
    > I tried the $9.95 button on that page, and the next page has this cool drop-down box listing
    > sprocket sizes, and them three sizes do not appear in the list. Operator error?

    I've fixed that. We have tons of stuff that's not on the Web site, gradually adding items as we find
    time to do so. Sorry for the inconvenience.

    Sheldon "Keeping Busy" Brown +----------------------------------------+
    | All theory, dear friend, is grey, | but the golden tree of actual life | springs ever green.
    | --Goethe |
    +----------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts Phone

  10. Mike Elliott

    Mike Elliott Guest

    I read that [email protected] said in article <3E404F86.5090906 @sheldonbrown.com>, . . .
    > Mike Elliott wrote:
    > > I read that [email protected] said in article <3E3F46E3.6030801
    > > @sheldonbrown.com>, . . .
    > >
    > >>Mike Elliott asked:

    > >>I thought I already replied to this, but I can't see the posting...
    > >>
    > >>I believe I have all three of these available, $9.95 each.
    > >>
    > >>See: http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/k7.html#sprockets
    > >>

    > > Hi Sheldon,
    > >
    > > I tried the $9.95 button on that page, and the next page has this cool drop-down box listing
    > > sprocket sizes, and them three sizes do not appear in the list. Operator error?
    >
    > I've fixed that. We have tons of stuff that's not on the Web site, gradually adding items as we
    > find time to do so. Sorry for the inconvenience.

    Well, that works a darn sight better now! Thanks!

    MikeE