Source for long 9-speed chain

Pete Huber

Guest
I am considering upgrading from 8- to 9-speed gearing. Considering that a new chain is a major
expense in this transition I am looking for an affordable source for 9-speed quality chain.

I am also curious as to wether anyone is successfully using the Campy 10-speed gearing.

Peter, I am not familiar with the Campy 10 but since it is only made for road bikes, I would guess
the range of cogs is limited. Having cogs spaced closer is probably a poor trade off for losing
gear range. However, a certain few riders, may find the range adequate. You did mention you were
trying to minimize the expense of long chains. Well consider the cost of gluing 3 Campy 10 speed
chains together.

Pete,

Hostelshoppe has Shimano 11 foot chains for $46.00:

http://www.hostelshoppe.com/cgi-bin/readitem.pl?Accessory=983898488

Not bad since it takes three chains from anywhere else, and those usually cost $20 each...

No affiliation, just a happy customer.

Chris Champion 1996 Vision R40 SWB USS 2001 Double Vision R85 USS

news:<[email protected]>...