source for Mafac brake lever clamp?

Arthur Strum

Guest
Through my own carelessness, I've somehow lost one of the brake lever clamps on my perfect old Mafac
Competition levers, which I need for the moustache bars on my old tourer. The levers are just like
these here: http://www.mindspring.com/~d.g1/randon.htm. Does anyone know where I can find a
replacement clamp? Incredibly, I still have the hex nut which threads onto the bolt which tightens
the clamp -- but no clamp!

Thanks very much!

Art Strum Mountain View, CA

I just rescued a bike (see the thread "How to identify this older Peugeot road bike?" at
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF- 8&threadm=oprr1wli1sw8gzvw%40news.east.cox.net&rn-
um=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dhow%2Bto%2Bidentify%2Bpeugeot%26ie%3DISO-
8859-1%26hl%3Den%26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearch) with the same levers out of the garbage, one of the
levers was broken in half. I'll send you the clamp. I'll send you an email with my email address,
and we'll go from there.

-Rick

--
Rick Onanian

"Arthur Strum" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Through my own carelessness, I've somehow lost one of the brake lever clamps on my perfect old
> Mafac Competition levers, which I need for the moustache bars on my old tourer. The levers are
> just like these here: http://www.mindspring.com/~d.g1/randon.htm. Does anyone know where I can
> find a replacement clamp? Incredibly, I still have the hex nut which threads onto the bolt which
> tightens the clamp -- but no clamp!

We have 'em as do shops which service French bicycles

In article <[email protected]>, "A Muzi" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Arthur Strum" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Through my own carelessness, I've somehow lost one of the brake lever clamps on my perfect old
> > Mafac Competition levers, which I need for the moustache bars on my old tourer. The levers are
> > just like these here: http://www.mindspring.com/~d.g1/randon.htm. Does anyone know where I can
> > find a replacement clamp? Incredibly, I still have the hex nut which threads onto the bolt which
> > tightens the clamp -- but no clamp!
>
> We have 'em as do shops which service French bicycles

Thanks very much. It looks like the fellow above is sending me one...

best,

Art Strum