Source for odd Campy part

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Tad Borek, Mar 19, 2003.

  1. Tad Borek

    Tad Borek Guest

    Anyone know where I might find a replacement pin to fit a C10 53 chainring? Pin meaning the short
    tiny cylinder of metal pressed into the chainring, that stops the chain from wedging between the
    crank arm and the chainring if the chain throws on an upshift.

    Or - suggestion for finding a piece of something that would accomplish the same thing?

    Fell out somehow, I borrowed one from friend's spare crankset, need to replace.

    -Tad

    Tags:

  2. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Tad Borek" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anyone know where I might find a replacement pin to fit a C10 53 chainring? Pin meaning the short
    > tiny cylinder of metal pressed into the chainring, that stops the chain from wedging between the
    > crank arm and the chainring if the chain throws on an upshift.
    >
    > Or - suggestion for finding a piece of something that would accomplish the same thing?
    >
    > Fell out somehow, I borrowed one from friend's spare crankset, need to replace.

    You might easily tap the hole and screw in a small screw. Some brands were made just that way, not
    rivetted. Of course the whole subject is unimportant until or unless you overshift . . .

  3. borekfm-<< Anyone know where I might find a replacement pin to fit a C10 53 chainring? Pin meaning
    the short tiny cylinder of metal pressed into the chainring,

    Not a Campagnolo part.may be able to 'harvest' one from another chainrimng tho-

  4. Appkiller

    Appkiller Guest

    Sell you mine for $5.00 plus shipping. Genuine Campy from my Chorus 10s 53 chainring.

    App

    news:<[email protected]>...