Source for odd Campy part

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tad Borek

Anyone know where I might find a replacement pin to fit a C10 53 chainring? Pin meaning the short
tiny cylinder of metal pressed into the chainring, that stops the chain from wedging between the
crank arm and the chainring if the chain throws on an upshift.

Or - suggestion for finding a piece of something that would accomplish the same thing?

Fell out somehow, I borrowed one from friend's spare crankset, need to replace.

-Tad

"Tad Borek" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anyone know where I might find a replacement pin to fit a C10 53 chainring? Pin meaning the short
> tiny cylinder of metal pressed into the chainring, that stops the chain from wedging between the
> crank arm and the chainring if the chain throws on an upshift.
>
> Or - suggestion for finding a piece of something that would accomplish the same thing?
>
> Fell out somehow, I borrowed one from friend's spare crankset, need to replace.

You might easily tap the hole and screw in a small screw. Some brands were made just that way, not
rivetted. Of course the whole subject is unimportant until or unless you overshift . . .
--
Andrew Muzi http://www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April 1971

borekfm-<< Anyone know where I might find a replacement pin to fit a C10 53 chainring? Pin meaning
the short tiny cylinder of metal pressed into the chainring,

Not a Campagnolo part.may be able to 'harvest' one from another chainrimng tho-

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Sell you mine for $5.00 plus shipping. Genuine Campy from my Chorus 10s 53 chainring.

App

[email protected] (Tad Borek) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Anyone know where I might find a replacement pin to fit a C10 53 chainring? Pin meaning the short
> tiny cylinder of metal pressed into the chainring, that stops the chain from wedging between the
> crank arm and the chainring if the chain throws on an upshift.
>
> Or - suggestion for finding a piece of something that would accomplish the same thing?
>
> Fell out somehow, I borrowed one from friend's spare crankset, need to replace.
>
> -Tad

Status
Not open for further replies.