Source for rear derailleur hanger for Cannondale 2.8

Duraace1957

Guest
My 13 year old son crashed his Cannondale R400. He's ok but he broke the derailleur hanger. This is
an older (pre-CAAD3)Cannondale. I believe the frame was the 2.8 model. It's the frame that has the
dropouts hanging behind the seatstays. Does Cannondale stock old parts? If not, does anyone have a
source for the hanger? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

[email protected] (Duraace1957) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> My 13 year old son crashed his Cannondale R400. He's ok but he broke the derailleur hanger. This
> is an older (pre-CAAD3)Cannondale. I believe the frame was the 2.8 model. It's the frame that has
> the dropouts hanging behind the seatstays. Does Cannondale stock old parts? If not, does anyone
> have a source for the hanger? Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Frame is a 3.0 not a 2.8. I think the hanger is the same for both. Does anyone know of a source for
the rear der. hanger?

Thanks

Duraace1957 wrote:
> [email protected] (Duraace1957) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>My 13 year old son crashed his Cannondale R400. He's ok but he broke the derailleur hanger. This
>>is an older (pre-CAAD3)Cannondale. I believe the frame was the 2.8 model. It's the frame that has
>>the dropouts hanging behind the seatstays. Does Cannondale stock old parts? If not, does anyone
>>have a source for the hanger? Any help would be appreciated.

Unfortunately, Cannondale refuses to sell these to any shop that is not a Cannondale dealer.

Sheldon "Wish I Could Help" Brown +-----------------------------------+
| The gains in life come slowly, | but the losses come suddenly. | -- Garrison Keillor |
+-----------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts Phone 617-244-9772
FAX 617-244-1041 http://harriscyclery.com Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide