Source for small rod ends?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Brent Burton, Apr 25, 2003.

  1. Brent Burton

    Brent Burton Guest

    Hello homebuilders,

    I am looking for small rod ends. Small Parts Inc has them, but at $10.65 a pop for 3/8 inch x 24
    TPI, they are a bit pricey. I've found other rod ends, albeit with the coarser 16 TPI threads for
    much cheaper - $3 each from motorsports parts suppliers, but 24 TPI is desirable.

    Who is a good supplier for similar parts? I've searched the web using robotics-related terms knowing
    that field is full of small linkages and actuators, but a good supplier hasn't surfaced yet.

    thanks in advance, -bpb

    Tags:

  2. Doug Huffman

    Doug Huffman Guest

    I bought rod-ends from my local Bearings and Drives and they were satisfactory. I looked at
    ultra-light aircraft suppliers and Small Parts and ended up using Small Parts' rod-ends for a good
    compromise of quality and price.

    "Brent Burton" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hello homebuilders,
    >
    > I am looking for small rod ends. Small Parts Inc has them, but at $10.65 a pop for 3/8 inch x 24
    > TPI, they are a bit pricey. I've found other rod ends, albeit with the coarser 16 TPI threads for
    > much cheaper - $3 each from motorsports parts suppliers, but 24 TPI is desirable.
    >
    > Who is a good supplier for similar parts? I've searched the web using robotics-related terms
    > knowing that field is full of small linkages and actuators, but a good supplier hasn't
    > surfaced yet.
    >
    > thanks in advance, -bpb

  3. Brent Burton

    Brent Burton Guest

    "Doug Huffman" <[email protected]> wrote:
    | I bought rod-ends from my local Bearings and Drives and they were satisfactory. I looked at
    | ultra-light aircraft suppliers and Small Parts and ended up using Small Parts' rod-ends for a good
    | compromise of quality and price.
    |
    | "Brent Burton" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | >
    | > I am looking for small rod ends. Small Parts Inc has ...

    Thanks, Doug.

    Another reader responded via email and mentioned McMaster-Carr, which has quite a selection
    (www.mcmaster.com).

    -Brent

  4. Jerry Rhodes

    Jerry Rhodes Guest

  5. Gary Herbst

    Gary Herbst Guest

    [email protected] (Brent Burton) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello homebuilders,
    >
    > I am looking for small rod ends. Small Parts Inc has them, but at $10.65 a pop for 3/8 inch x 24
    > TPI, they are a bit pricey. I've found other rod ends, albeit with the coarser 16 TPI threads for
    > much cheaper - $3 each from motorsports parts suppliers, but 24 TPI is desirable.
    >
    > Who is a good supplier for similar parts? I've searched the web using robotics-related terms
    > knowing that field is full of small linkages and actuators, but a good supplier hasn't
    > surfaced yet.
    >
    > thanks in advance, -bpb
    Check http://www.wicksaircraft.com/. always a good source for quality small parts.

  6. Harv

    Harv Guest

    Berry Bearings (AKA) Motion Industries. Like with McMaster, you might need a commercial account.
    "Gary Herbst" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (Brent Burton) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Hello homebuilders,
    > >
    > > I am looking for small rod ends. Small Parts Inc has them, but at $10.65 a pop for 3/8 inch x 24
    > > TPI, they are a bit pricey. I've found other rod ends, albeit with the coarser 16 TPI threads
    > > for much cheaper - $3 each from motorsports parts suppliers, but 24 TPI is desirable.
    > >
    > > Who is a good supplier for similar parts? I've searched the web using robotics-related terms
    > > knowing that field is full of small linkages and actuators, but a good supplier hasn't
    > > surfaced yet.
    > >
    > > thanks in advance, -bpb
    > Check http://www.wicksaircraft.com/. always a good source for quality
    small parts.

  7. Brent Burton

    Brent Burton Guest

    "harv" <harv*don'tsendspam*@spininternet.com> wrote:
    | "Gary Herbst" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | news:[email protected]...
    | > >
    | > > Who is a good supplier for similar parts? I've searched ...
    | >
    | > Check http://www.wicksaircraft.com/. always a good source for quality
    | small parts.
    |
    | Berry Bearings (AKA) Motion Industries. Like with McMaster, you might need a commercial account.

    Thanks guys. FYI, I ordered from McMaster with a personal credit card, so a commercial account
    wasn't needed there. They had everything I needed.

    -bpb

  8. Anyone familiar w. an European supplier?

    Torben "considering next project" Scheel

    "Brent Burton" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hello homebuilders,
    >
    > I am looking for small rod ends. Small Parts Inc has them, but at $10.65 a pop for 3/8 inch x 24
    > TPI, they are a bit pricey. I've found other rod ends, albeit with the coarser 16 TPI threads for
    > much cheaper - $3 each from motorsports parts suppliers, but 24 TPI is desirable.
    >
    > Who is a good supplier for similar parts? I've searched the web using robotics-related terms
    > knowing that field is full of small linkages and actuators, but a good supplier hasn't
    > surfaced yet.
    >
    > thanks in advance, -bpb

  9. You might try RS Components - http://rswww.com

    Alternatively, manufacturers of trikes and/or karts might have an angle.

    HTH

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  10. "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > You might try RS Components - http://rswww.com
    >
    > Alternatively, manufacturers of trikes and/or karts might have an angle.

    Thanks! I thought they where all about electronics, but a search for rod ends gave results.

    regards, Torben

  11. Hel-Bent

    Hel-Bent Guest

    I sell 1/4", 5/16" and 3/8" rod end bearing. Visit my website at
    http://www.hellbentcycles.com/parts_and_accessories.htm

    --
    Rickey Horwitz Hell-bent Cycle Works http://www.hellbentcycles.com