Source for small rod ends?

Brent Burton

Guest
Hello homebuilders,

I am looking for small rod ends. Small Parts Inc has them, but at $10.65 a pop for 3/8 inch x 24
TPI, they are a bit pricey. I've found other rod ends, albeit with the coarser 16 TPI threads for
much cheaper - $3 each from motorsports parts suppliers, but 24 TPI is desirable.

Who is a good supplier for similar parts? I've searched the web using robotics-related terms knowing
that field is full of small linkages and actuators, but a good supplier hasn't surfaced yet.

thanks in advance, -bpb

I bought rod-ends from my local Bearings and Drives and they were satisfactory. I looked at
ultra-light aircraft suppliers and Small Parts and ended up using Small Parts' rod-ends for a good
compromise of quality and price.

"Doug Huffman" <[email protected]> wrote:
| I bought rod-ends from my local Bearings and Drives and they were satisfactory. I looked at
| ultra-light aircraft suppliers and Small Parts and ended up using Small Parts' rod-ends for a good
| compromise of quality and price.
|
| "Brent Burton" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| >
| > I am looking for small rod ends. Small Parts Inc has ...

Thanks, Doug.

Another reader responded via email and mentioned McMaster-Carr, which has quite a selection
(www.mcmaster.com).

-Brent

[email protected] (Brent Burton) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hello homebuilders,
>
> I am looking for small rod ends. Small Parts Inc has them, but at $10.65 a pop for 3/8 inch x 24
> TPI, they are a bit pricey. I've found other rod ends, albeit with the coarser 16 TPI threads for
> much cheaper - $3 each from motorsports parts suppliers, but 24 TPI is desirable.
>
> Who is a good supplier for similar parts? I've searched the web using robotics-related terms
> knowing that field is full of small linkages and actuators, but a good supplier hasn't
> surfaced yet.
>
> thanks in advance, -bpb
Check http://www.wicksaircraft.com/. always a good source for quality small parts.

Berry Bearings (AKA) Motion Industries. Like with McMaster, you might need a commercial account.
news:[email protected]...

"harv" <harv*don'tsendspam*@spininternet.com> wrote:
| "Gary Herbst" <[email protected]> wrote in message
| news:[email protected]...
| > >
| > > Who is a good supplier for similar parts? I've searched ...
| >
| > Check http://www.wicksaircraft.com/. always a good source for quality
| small parts.
|
| Berry Bearings (AKA) Motion Industries. Like with McMaster, you might need a commercial account.

Thanks guys. FYI, I ordered from McMaster with a personal credit card, so a commercial account
wasn't needed there. They had everything I needed.

-bpb

Anyone familiar w. an European supplier?

Torben "considering next project" Scheel

"Brent Burton" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hello homebuilders,
>
> I am looking for small rod ends. Small Parts Inc has them, but at $10.65 a pop for 3/8 inch x 24
> TPI, they are a bit pricey. I've found other rod ends, albeit with the coarser 16 TPI threads for
> much cheaper - $3 each from motorsports parts suppliers, but 24 TPI is desirable.
>
> Who is a good supplier for similar parts? I've searched the web using robotics-related terms
> knowing that field is full of small linkages and actuators, but a good supplier hasn't
> surfaced yet.
>
> thanks in advance, -bpb

I sell 1/4", 5/16" and 3/8" rod end bearing. Visit my website at
http://www.hellbentcycles.com/parts_and_accessories.htm

--
Rickey Horwitz Hell-bent Cycle Works http://www.hellbentcycles.com