Source for touch up paint

Steve Caddel

Guest
I have a small chip in on my new Bianchi road bike. It is a 2002 model
in "electric red". I went to the Bianchi web site and could not find
any touch up paint there. Any suggestions on a source.

Thanks,

--
Steve "Fat Boy Biker" Caddel

To use my email, please remove the SPAM.OFF

"Life is like riding a bicycle on a windy day.
No matter which direction you turn
the wind is always in your face."

"Steve Caddel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I have a small chip in on my new Bianchi road bike. It is a 2002 model in
>"electric red". I went to the Bianchi web site and could not find any
>touch up paint there. Any suggestions on a source.

Actually, Bianchi USA website does list touch up paint. However, its only in
Celeste:
http://store.bianchiusa.com/cgi-bin...e=Paint/va=banner_image=/va=banner_text=.html

Another option is to contact Ed Litton. Ed is an excellent painter and
either use to or still does all "factory repairs" for Bianchi USA (located
in Hayward, CA). Ed can be contacted here:

http://www.classicrendezvous.com/USA/Ed_Litton.htm

Go to any good hobby shop and they will have a display of paint in
small bottles that are used on hobby model paint jobs in a bewildering
array of colors. I have found the most hard to match colors available
there and they cost only a couple of bucks per bottle. You would apply
with a small brush and let it dry. Polish it out with rubbing compound
and it will be virtually undetectable. You may need to repeat the
paint/polish if the chip is deep enough.

John

"fixedgearhead" wrote: any good hobby shop (clip)will have a display of
paint (clip) in a bewildering array of colors. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If this bewildering array does not give a close enough match, they can be
intermixed, to provide an even more bewildering array. Nail polish can also
be used, and matched by intermixing.

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:09:17 GMT, "Leo Lichtman"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"fixedgearhead" wrote: any good hobby shop (clip)will have a display of
>paint (clip) in a bewildering array of colors. (clip)
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>If this bewildering array does not give a close enough match, they can be
>intermixed, to provide an even more bewildering array. Nail polish can also
>be used, and matched by intermixing.

And these days, it's available in an equally absurd range of shades.
(ISTR that there was a day when nail polish came in shades of red,
reddish-tan, beige and clear, and almost nothing else. Now I see
racks with virtually every color including several shades of
fluorescent green, and I would not be suprised if a glow-in-the-dark
version was being hawked somewhere.)

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Steve Caddel wrote:
> I have a small chip in on my new Bianchi road bike. It is a 2002 model
> in "electric red". I went to the Bianchi web site and could not find
> any touch up paint there. Any suggestions on a source.
>
> Thanks,

Local body shop should be able to mix up a small bottle of touch up
paint. I've done it quite a few times -- most of the time they don't
even charge me.

--

Let the bridges I burn light my way...

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:36:20 GMT, Werehatrack <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:09:17 GMT, "Leo Lichtman"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"fixedgearhead" wrote: any good hobby shop (clip)will have a display of
>>paint (clip) in a bewildering array of colors. (clip)
>>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>If this bewildering array does not give a close enough match, they can be
>>intermixed, to provide an even more bewildering array. Nail polish can also
>>be used, and matched by intermixing.

>And these days, it's available in an equally absurd range of shades.
>(ISTR that there was a day when nail polish came in shades of red,
>reddish-tan, beige and clear, and almost nothing else. Now I see
>racks with virtually every color including several shades of
>fluorescent green, and I would not be suprised if a glow-in-the-dark
>version was being hawked somewhere.)

More surprising are the deliberately ugly "goth" colors, stuff like Smog,
Gangrene and Ripe Bruise.

Ron

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 04:46:30 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

> Nail polish at your local Dollar Tree, Dollar
>Dreams,ect. Or you can decal it.

Duct tape. The bike's not really complete without it anyway.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

"Werehatrack" wrote: Duct tape. The bike's not really complete without it
anyway.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I usually keep a few layers of duct tape on my handlebar for emergencies.
So far, the only time I have found a use for it was to strike up a
conversation with an attractive cyclist at the start of a ride. I got me
nowhere

Leo Lichtman wrote:

> I usually keep a few layers of duct tape on my handlebar for emergencies.
> So far, the only time I have found a use for it was to strike up a
> conversation with an attractive cyclist at the start of a ride. I got me
> nowhere

maybe you should get a more stylish color of duct tape.

Mark

Leo Lichtman wrote:
> "Werehatrack" wrote: Duct tape. The bike's not really complete
> without it anyway.
> I usually keep a few layers of duct tape on my handlebar for
> emergencies. So far, the only time I have found a use for it was to
> strike up a conversation with an attractive cyclist at the start of a
> ride. I got me nowhere

Of course not! You had /duct tape/ on your handlebar.

Master Diagnostician Bill