Source needed for 46t 135mm BCD chainring

Don Adams

Guest
For my fixed gear conversion, I need a 46t chainring for an early 90's Campy Athena crank (135 mm
BCD). I've read where TA makes such, but have had no luck finding a source on the web. Can anyone
offer help? Thanks!

(to email direct, remove one "l" from domain)

"Don Adams" wrote:

> For my fixed gear conversion, I need a 46t chainring for an early 90's Campy Athena crank (135 mm
> BCD). I've read where TA makes such, but have had no luck finding a source on the web. Can anyone
> offer help?

It's listed at http://www.sjscycles.com/store/vIndex.htm, second from the bottom under
CHAINRINGS/135mm PCD 5 arm.

John

"Quod est, eo decet uti: et quicquid agas, agere pro viribus." -
Marcus Tullius Cicero
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:21:22 -0500, Don Adams
<[email protected]> wrote:

>For my fixed gear conversion, I need a 46t chainring for an early 90's Campy Athena crank (135 mm
>BCD). I've read where TA makes such, but have had no luck finding a source on the web. Can anyone
>offer help? Thanks!

I keep the full range of Miche track chainrings in stock in sizes from 46 through 52 teeth ($47.50).
They fit 135 mm p.cd. cranks and are designed for use with 1/8" chains. See the listing in our
online catalogue of track parts at http://www.businesscycles.com/trcomp.htm or take the scenic route
through the site from the URL in the signature lines below.

-------------------------------
John Dacey Business Cycles, Miami, Florida http://www.businesscycles.com Now in our twenty-first
year. Our catalog of track equipment: eighth year online
-------------------------------

"John Henderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Don Adams" wrote:
>
> > For my fixed gear conversion, I need a 46t chainring for an early 90's Campy Athena crank (135
> > mm BCD). I've read where TA makes such, but have had no luck finding a source on the web. Can
> > anyone offer help?
>

> It's listed at http://www.sjscycles.com/store/vIndex.htm, second from the bottom under
> CHAINRINGS/135mm PCD 5 arm.

A few other US sources:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/chainrings.html#135

http://www.thethirdhand.com/index.cgi?c=Crank/Chainring&sc=135mm%20BCD,%205%20bolt&id=333537328787

http://www.branfordbike.com/chains/chains1.html

Or you can order from your LBS, especially if they order thru QBP:...

Don-<< For my fixed gear conversion, I need a 46t chainring for an early 90's Campy Athena crank
(135 mm BCD). I've read where TA makes such, but have had no luck finding a source on the web. Can
anyone offer help?
>><BR><BR>

Call us, we have many and can get any...not 'web based' but call us.

Thanks folks for the quick responses - seems I now have several good choices!

John Henderson wrote:

>> For my fixed gear conversion, I need a 46t chainring for an early 90's Campy Athena crank (135 mm
>> BCD). I've read where TA makes such, but have had no luck finding a source on the web. Can anyone
>> offer help?
>
> It's listed at http://www.sjscycles.com/store/vIndex.htm, second from the bottom under
> CHAINRINGS/135mm PCD 5 arm.

A cheaper UK dealer for TA (and Stronglight) rings is: http://www.settlecycles.co.uk/shop (They can
sometimes order models/sizes not listed on website)

~PB

Don Adams wrote:
> For my fixed gear conversion, I need a 46t chainring for an early 90's Campy Athena crank (135 mm
> BCD). I've read where TA makes such, but have had no luck finding a source on the web. Can anyone
> offer help?

We stock Stronglight 135mm 44, 45 &48 but they have been out of 46 for a few weeks.

Don Adams wrote:

>> For my fixed gear conversion, I need a 46t chainring for an early 90's Campy Athena crank (135 mm
>> BCD). I've read where TA makes such, but have had no luck finding a source on the web. Can anyone
>> offer help?

If you can use 1/8", I believe we've got a Miche 135 track ring at the shop. We've got everything
from 46 to 50.

http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/chainrings.html#135

Sheldon "Just Put Together My New Gunnar Street Dog, With Left Side Drive" Brown +--------------------------------------------------
+
| The less you bet, the more you lose if you win | --Alan Rudolph (_Trixie_) |
+--------------------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts