South African Cyclists

FemaleCyclist

Jan 11, 2002
:) Hi all! So now that Argus is over, what ya up to? We've read Acid asking for winter training tips in the technical section on this website... what are the rest of you doing - hibernating?

Moi, I'm spinning 3 x a week, and doing a ride on the weekends, and if there's a race over weekends, doing that too.

Next up shortly is Tour D'Urban... I think I'd almost want the heat of Argus, rather than winter arriving :( but I guess that is why there is peak season, and off season.

Looking forward to hearing how all you regulars to this site are doing!

"Cheers vir eers" :)

Sheez Elsa, where have you been, girl? And Chilli-B? Why you 'guys' so stil?

Morning Elsa. A lot of us will feel much better, now that you are back with us. In Cape Town they got another cycling organization called “Vets and Woman Cycling Association”. They got championship and races every 2 weeks till the summer season starts. Their races are on Sundays at 9 in the morning and are about 60km per race. I will join then to keep the wheels rolling. There is also a winter league running and their races are Saturday afternoons from 14h00. (www.vwca.org.za)

I promised myseld I'd ride at least 3 times a week. So far I think I've riden 3 times since the Argus.

Hi to all the other S.A. cyclists. I'm new to the forum and fairly new to cycling. I live in Port Elizabeth. I've only been riding seriously since Dec '01. I have a Schwinn Mesa MTB (Slicks now). I did the Argus at five weeks notice ( I won an entry) and did a 4:22. I am totally hooked now. I am going to Tour of Durban next weekend. Hoping to do < 4:00. I'm in group J.

I haven't been riding much lately due to time constraints! aaargh!!!!!

Vo2 - well, I can't speak for Chilli-B, but moi, I've been on a well deserved H-O-L-I-D-A-Y which was needed after "THAT" Argus! :)

Pothole - thanx for the welcoming words! I can't promise much though, as our IT Dept is starting to enforce the policy of non work related PC work being done on internet / email more strictly now. I will however give my private email to whoever requests it on Instant Message facility on here. At the end of the month I will appear less and less on here :(

Ouzo - don't feel too bad - it's why its "off season". Take a breather, but maintain some of that riding, so that a few months before 94.7 you won't have to start from scratch :eek:

Cranky - welcome on board! Congrats on the excellent time for a beginner who won an entry into Argus! Wow. keep it up and enjoy Durbs too!

To the rest - where you all at? ;)

Elsa. We missed you! ;D (Nice to know eh! ;)) I'm still keeping to the Summer training sched.

Sunday. 2-3 hr group ride on MTB.
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 80km on road bike with another old guy at 60-70% HR max.
Tuesday. 1 hour road alone at 85%+ HRmax.
Thursday. <40 minutes hilly MTB alone at 85%+ HRmax.
Saturday. 2-3 hr fast group ride on road.

Last weekend was an expensive MTB ride! ::) Went for an involuntary swim in the Hennops River! :-[ Took my Siemens R3000+ cell phone with me. :eek: Thought the d**n thing was was waterproof!! It isn't! Complete write off! (But the Polar S710 is! ;D)

After the Tour D'urban I will taper off to 2 x 60km rides in the week + the weekend rides.

Cranky. Welcome to the Forum. I'm also Group J in the Durban, also looking for <4:00 8) So if you find an old guy with a beard sucking your back wheel it'll be me. ;D Say hi.

I can't promise much though, as our IT Dept is starting to enforce the policy of non work related PC work being done on internet / email more strictly now.  

Elsa, we'll miss you if you disappear! Try to drop by (if you can) during your lunch hours and when work is done at the end of the day :)

...as our IT Dept is starting to enforce the policy of non work related PC work being done on internet / email more strictly now.  I will however give my private email to whoever requests it on Instant Message facility on here.  At the end of the month I will appear less and less on here   :(

Golden rule: the first person to befriend at your workplace is the SysAdmin... ;D

Altwegg..One thing that puzzle me from the beginning is your "end of line" comment...Andrea Corr is my goddess... Who is she and can we have a picture. Maybe we could all "Admire" her.

where have you been altweg? ??? you havent heard of the corrs.? are they still listening to elvis over there? ??? ::) :eek: ;)

Good Morning Nic. Looking at that pictures, :p :p :p, I'm thinking of taking up a singing career. Now I can see why Altwegg strugle to put some km's in, to busy day dreaming ;D ;D ;D.

where have you been altweg? ??? you havent heard of the corrs.? are they still listening to elvis over there? ??? ::) :eek: ;)

Nicholas my friend, it is POTHOLE who has not heard of Andrea Corr!

POTHOLE: Try listening to her music too, she has the voice of an angel! ;D

Winter season? No way - it's get dark at 8pm here (North West UK) so plenty time for a 2 hour plus ride every day!

Busy turning pre season mileage into early season form - mostly 2 hour rides with a series of intervals. Long rides on the weekend.

Can't wait to see how I compare to my old mates in SA after racing against the brits for a year (also doing the Tour of Durban during an SA holiday).

Afternoon Altwegg, Man, if she sings the way she looks, I'm pretty sure it's worth listning. My problem with music is that my bike is my way of transport to work, and I cant find a "juke" box small enough to fit on my bike. ;D ;D ;D I rather cycle to work and back instead of sitting in the traffic for hours listning to the Corrs. So by the way, I've got one of their cd's and their music is great. But I dont know the individuel nameS.

Ok, here's the lineuop:

Andrea Corr - vocalist
Sharon Corr - Violin, back up vocals
Caroline Corr - drums, bodhran, back up vocals

....well, they are the only ones I care to mention ;D

The hottest one among the three is Andrea. She also has the most enchanting voice. Listen to their take on the classic song 'Dreams'. IMO, that song highlights every positive aspect of Andrea's voice. ;D

My problem with music is that my bike is my way of transport to work, and I cant find a "juke" box small enough to fit on my bike.  ;D ;D ;D  I rather cycle to work and back instead of sitting in the traffic for hours listning to the Corrs. So by the way, I've got one of their cd's and their music is great. But I dont know the individuel nameS.
Iv got a little sony radio its about 1.5 times the size of a match box and lite. its exellent quality and it has megabase. just 1 aaa batery lasts ages. It was not cheap but its well worth it. tral la la la bep bop ;) ;D ;D ;D