South Africans too good for 'B' World's road races

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by steve, May 20, 2003.

1. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Tags:

2. MD-CYCLIST

MD-CYCLIST New Member

Dear Steve

This is a very Interesting Development and I mind it a Little Unfair on the 2 over Qualified South African Cyclists I think They should still be allowed in as its only like 4 Points and 3 Points Respectively, which is not major points to be honest I mean 10 or 20 points then we can start having a little argument about it but 3 and 4 is too small of a number to even consider to be over qualified I am not saying that the 2 riders in question are not good enough to gain more points in fact I am sure they might have been in a postion where they would have collected more points but maybe choose not to as they feard they would not be allowed to compete at the B World Champs and they felt 3 and 4 points are not very much to cause them or the South African Cycling Federation any problems.
    I would like to ask you a question are there any other reasons that you might know of why the UCI would reject any entry into the B World Championships appart from in this case being over Qualified, well I hope you can help me with my Question and I hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards
    A H Khadra