South America By Bike 2009/2010

Carl-David

Oct 11, 2009
Hi fellow cyclists!

I just wanted to check if there might be someone else who's going touring in South America in 2009/2010.

I'll be starting the 4th of December from Ushuaia. If there's anyone who's thinking about going there around the same time, perhaps we can take turns while conquering the headwind in Tierra del (Viento)? ;-)

Here's my blog: South America By Bike

Safe riding!

// Carl-David

Not sure where you'll be, but I'm hoping to ride from Pissis - Sajama or vice versa (La Rioja, Argentina - La Paz, Bolivia) in May - June 2010. (hiking peaks and riding the Atacama unsupported as well).

Drop a line if that works.

Hi,

That sounds like something I would like to join you on! I will probably get to La Rioja by the end of April, so that could definitely work. Let's keep in touch and see if we can work something out. I have never hiked any peaks but would like to for sure!

What's your e-mail? Website?

Carl-David,

You can just write on this forum and I'll get the email, or you can write me on summitpost.org , I'm d_shorb on there as well, and I check that nearly everyday. I wish you luck on your trip, and wonder what your general location is now and what's your plan... Good Luck and stay in touch.

d_shorb said:
Carl-David,

You can just write on this forum and I'll get the email, or you can write me on summitpost.org , I'm d_shorb on there as well, and I check that nearly everyday. I wish you luck on your trip, and wonder what your general location is now and what's your plan... Good Luck and stay in touch.

Alright!

I'm leaving in 2 weeks, so right now I'm in Sweden. My plan is to stay in B.A. for a few days, then fly to Ushuaia and begin my trip. I will probably be in Torres del Paine over Christmas and reach Mendoza in the beginning of March where I'll get a visit from home and travel around some. Apart from that I don't really have any dates to catch.

Keep in touch!