South Florida Trail--Fort Pierce version 2--only 5 minutes long...

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 18:28:21 -0400, Dan Volker wrote:

>> I enjoyed that, much better than the 30 minute version. It looks ok on
>> full screen too. Just one question, what's going on for the final 30-odd
>> seconds?
>>

> Thanks.
>
> I think you are talking about the way I left it on the sign, with the
> website the local club has for the trail...I left this as the ending image,
> to make it easy for people here in Florida to get to the webpage....If this
> is not what you mean, let me know.

Well, I sat there for 30 seconds, staring at a sign, waiting for something
to happen. 5 seconds would do it, or just a blank screen with the address.

> The Fort Pierce club is going to be doing Razorback soon, and this is
> my favorite so far in Florida. I will probably do a lap with a helmet

Damn... you should come up to ETSU in Tennessee for the collegiate race I'll
be going to this coming weekend ;) Otherwise I'd go to Razorback....
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

"ZeeExSixAre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > The Fort Pierce club is going to be doing Razorback soon, and this is
> > my favorite so far in Florida. I will probably do a lap with a helmet

> Damn... you should come up to ETSU in Tennessee for the collegiate race

I'll
> be going to this coming weekend ;) Otherwise I'd go to Razorback....
> --
> Phil, Squid-in-Training

I've ridden road in Tenn before, not mountain bike. It had some cool
mountain roads with big speed and really great switchbacks. I particularly
liked a state park just out of Nashville with a mountain road ride all the
locals there train on.
I didn't get any chance to see mountain bike trails there. I am planning on
Tsali and Pisgah in the next month, but don't know enough about Tenn to make
any plans, especially considering the distance.

I'll let you know when the local club and I head up to Razorback---maybe
you'll want to be in the video :)

Dan V

"Dan Vo2lker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> If anyone is willing to offer a constructive critique, visit
> http://www.lake-worth.net/fp-trail.htm and watch the edited version of the
> video, with several new sections shot with side and front views---as I post
> this, the first DSL stream is uploaded to the streamserver, and the modem
> user version is almost up-loaded for web downloads.

*yawn*

> I am creating another higher res version of this 5 minute video for DSL
> download--it will be at 1Mps, instead of the 500kps the stream runs
> at--should be fairly decent in full screen.

why?

> Incidentally, the speed this was filmed at averaged 9.1 mph for the 30
> minute lap.

slow

> Without the camera, an average of 9.1 mph gives me a HR of
> about 165 to 173 bpm....

bfd

> and if I ride at 9.5 as an average, this increased energy in accelerating
> out of turns, etc, leads to a heart rate for me between 181 and 188 ( what I
> got Sunday afternoon following one of the better racers around).

you forgot to factor fun in

> Like one of the posters before commented, if you ride at 45 mph on a fire
> road, it gets to feel technical...

what a crock

> that's kind of the way this trail is---if you went 6 mph average, you could
> take your 9 year old kid through it---as the speed picks up, it gets allot
> harder.

sounds absolutely frightening

> There are guys who can get an average over 10mph on it, but that won't be me
> any time soon

that's because you don't have a rigid singlespeed

I managed to find a pic of you leaving your LBS with a new bike
accessory: http://www.amazingstarships.com/starships/models/modelexpo/c3po-r2d2.jpg

JD

"Dan Volker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "mojo deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

<snip>

> Anyway Mojo, where are your local trails? How far out of Florida are you ?

Baton Rouge. It's only about 20 or so miles of trails, and the only thing we
have local.

An hour from here, is Clear Springs, in Mississippi. You can hit 40+ on some
of the downhills there. Then there's a trail in Liberty.....don't know much
about it. About 45 minutes from here, they're working on some new trails in
St. Francisville, with some real hills (notice I did not say mountains).

The best trails in the state though, are about 3 1/2 hours from here, in
Ruston. The guy that laid them out, is the same one doing the trails in St.
Francisville.

I would not recommend planning a vacation around coming to these trails to
ride, but they're damn nice for the locals.