South Korean Cycling Clubs

ieandro

Aug 19, 2006
Anyone here with any experience road cycling in South Korea ? Looking to be part of something.

ieandro said:
Anyone here with any experience road cycling in South Korea ? Looking to be part of something.
If I was there, we would create a club and ride everywhere. A Place where My grandma lives is a beautiful place to ride road bike and moutain bike. Ga-Pyung!

SeanKimStyle said:
If I was there, we would create a club and ride everywhere. A Place where My grandma lives is a beautiful place to ride road bike and moutain bike. Ga-Pyung!
Ride on base, around in circles.

it's funny but i already do. there are those good days when the crosswinds arent so strong, but on those days when they are, it's almost painful .

ieandro said:
it's funny but i already do. there are those good days when the crosswinds arent so strong, but on those days when they are, it's almost painful .
Where are you stationed? There are clubs that race and ride from Soul up to the DMZ. And the Velodrome is in downtown Soul. A lot of Korean speak English. Hook up with a KTUSA and see if they know of a club.

helmutRoole2 said:
Where are you stationed? There are clubs that race and ride from Soul up to the DMZ. And the Velodrome is in downtown Soul. A lot of Korean speak English. Hook up with a KTUSA and see if they know of a club.
yeah im stationed here at osan AB .. a lot of MTB guys out here though.

im heading down to seoul this weekend and take up your advice on the club scene. thanks!

Hey that ride from Seoul to the DMZ .. do you know who or what its's called ? that sounds extremely tempting.

ieandro said:
yeah im stationed here at osan AB .. a lot of MTB guys out here though.

im heading down to seoul this weekend and take up your advice on the club scene. thanks!

Hey that ride from Seoul to the DMZ .. do you know who or what its's called ? that sounds extremely tempting.
Oh, my bad. I meant there's plenty of clubs between seoul and the dmz. Good luck. Oh, take in a baseball game. It's a hoot. Everyone gets drunk off their asses and they do these crazy cheers. Lots of fun. Some gi's hated Korea. I had a good time there. Very interesting place, but you've got to get off post/base. Stay one night at the Shila in downtown Seoul. $100/night but worth it. Most amazing spa. Best hotel I've ever stayed at. The elevator lady will blow you mind.