South West Coast Path

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Funk Meister, Jun 1, 2003.

  1. Funk Meister

    Funk Meister Guest

    Hi

    I am shortly going on my hols to Cornwall. Does anyone know if cycling along the South West Coast
    Path is allowed? I couldn't seem to find an answer doing a web search.

    Thanks FM

    Tags:

  2. From my experience of Cornish coastal paths it'd probably be too narrow and undulating to ride
    along. They tend to be little paths cut in the hill side with bushes either side making them quite
    narrow and they go up and down the cliffs quite erratically which I think would make them quite
    difficult to cycle on.

    You could also look on streetmap.co.uk to see if it's classified as a footpath or bridleway. I
    suspect they are only footpaths.

    - Chris.

    "Funk Meister" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi
    >
    > I am shortly going on my hols to Cornwall. Does anyone know if cycling along the South West Coast
    > Path is allowed? I couldn't seem to find an answer doing a web search.
    >
    > Thanks FM

  3. Kirby James

    Kirby James Guest

    In our local (South Devon) paper the Coastguards reported that last year mountain bikers were
    responsible for the biggest increase in incidents (falling off cliffs etc) - so be carefull!

    news:[email protected]...