South West Coast Path

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Funk Meister

Hi

I am shortly going on my hols to Cornwall. Does anyone know if cycling along the South West Coast
Path is allowed? I couldn't seem to find an answer doing a web search.

Thanks FM

From my experience of Cornish coastal paths it'd probably be too narrow and undulating to ride
along. They tend to be little paths cut in the hill side with bushes either side making them quite
narrow and they go up and down the cliffs quite erratically which I think would make them quite
difficult to cycle on.

You could also look on streetmap.co.uk to see if it's classified as a footpath or bridleway. I
suspect they are only footpaths.

- Chris.

"Funk Meister" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi
>
> I am shortly going on my hols to Cornwall. Does anyone know if cycling along the South West Coast
> Path is allowed? I couldn't seem to find an answer doing a web search.
>
> Thanks FM

In our local (South Devon) paper the Coastguards reported that last year mountain bikers were
responsible for the biggest increase in incidents (falling off cliffs etc) - so be carefull!

"Chris Jefferies" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> From my experience of Cornish coastal paths it'd probably be too narrow
and
> undulating to ride along. They tend to be little paths cut in the hill
side
> with bushes either side making them quite narrow and they go up and down
the
> cliffs quite erratically which I think would make them quite difficult to cycle on.
>
> You could also look on streetmap.co.uk to see if it's classified as a footpath or bridleway. I
> suspect they are only footpaths.
>
> - Chris.
>
>
> "Funk Meister" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Hi
> >
> > I am shortly going on my hols to Cornwall. Does anyone know if cycling along the South West
> > Coast Path is allowed? I couldn't seem to find an answer doing a web search.
> >
> > Thanks FM

Status
Not open for further replies.