South west destinations

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Ian Walker, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ian Walker

Ian Walker Guest

Having recently bought a new, highly lightweight one-man tent, I really fancy riding off somewhere
    this weekend to give it a test. Can anyone suggest a nice destination in the South-west (?around
    70-80 miles from Bath) where there's a campsite that'll be open*? I was thinking of Weymouth, but
    know nothing about it.

Ian

*unlike the one I'd banked on staying in during my last weekend ride to South Wales...

--
    Ian Walker, Department of Psychology, University of Bath. Remove the yummy paste in my address to
    reply. Homepage: http://www.drianwalker.com

Tags:

2. Sda

Sda Guest

"Ian Walker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...
    > Having recently bought a new, highly lightweight one-man tent, I really fancy riding off somewhere
    > this weekend to give it a test. Can anyone suggest a nice destination in the South-west (?around
    > 70-80 miles from Bath) where there's a campsite that'll be open*? I was thinking of Weymouth, but
    > know nothing about it.

hmm... It's on the sea.

Steve :)

3. Clogicrogerc

Clogicrogerc Guest

Not sure if its open but my fave campsite in Dorset is at Corfe Castle - About half a mile from the
    castle itself - Woodland Park maybe? Can't quite remember the name but Tourist Info will have it - I
    spent 3 hols there when my daughter was young. Very unspoilt. Nestles under the ridg eof the Purbeck
    hills in a wood.

RC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.