South west destinations

Ian Walker

Guest
Having recently bought a new, highly lightweight one-man tent, I really fancy riding off somewhere
this weekend to give it a test. Can anyone suggest a nice destination in the South-west (?around
70-80 miles from Bath) where there's a campsite that'll be open*? I was thinking of Weymouth, but
know nothing about it.

Ian

*unlike the one I'd banked on staying in during my last weekend ride to South Wales...

--
Ian Walker, Department of Psychology, University of Bath. Remove the yummy paste in my address to
reply. Homepage: http://www.drianwalker.com

"Ian Walker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...
> Having recently bought a new, highly lightweight one-man tent, I really fancy riding off somewhere
> this weekend to give it a test. Can anyone suggest a nice destination in the South-west (?around
> 70-80 miles from Bath) where there's a campsite that'll be open*? I was thinking of Weymouth, but
> know nothing about it.

hmm... It's on the sea.

Steve :)

Not sure if its open but my fave campsite in Dorset is at Corfe Castle - About half a mile from the
castle itself - Woodland Park maybe? Can't quite remember the name but Tourist Info will have it - I
spent 3 hols there when my daughter was young. Very unspoilt. Nestles under the ridg eof the Purbeck
hills in a wood.

RC