South West mini meet - UK

amanda.gallacher

Guest
Hey guys and gals

I've been talking to some people and we thought it would be cool to
have a mini uni meet in Exeter, Devon. The date we are thinking of is
Saturday june 10th. I know it's a long way away, but i thought i would
post early to see who would be interested.

We would meet up in the city centre and ride to various spots outside
the city, such as the skate park, the quay etc. North is coming riding
and he is looking to film some stuff for a dvd he is looking into
making, so come along to have fun and be filmed. dont worry if you dont
want to be filmed, just come for the fun of it.

The more people that come, the more enjoyable the meet will be.
Obviously, it won't be like BUC, but its a chance to ride with other
unicyclists. So far, i me, North and Bishop are definates. Also, i
expect Mike, Lucas and Alick will come riding too. If you are
intersted, post in this thread and at a later date i will PM you with
details of where we are meeting and how to get there etc.

Hope to see you there,
Amanda

PS. North asks that if you have a camera, that if possible, you ring it
along and he will provide you with a tape that he will collect in again
at the end :)

--
amanda.gallacher

'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)

'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)

[email protected] - add me
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

Its almost certain i can come. Should be good. Cheers for the warning
and all.

Mike

--
swarbrim

:D add me at [email protected]

"I know how you feel. I live in England, and I was given a raincoat for
Christmas three years ago, and I still haven't had chance to use it. "
-- Mike Fule
swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

Definately considering it- it'll be the day before my birthday- just
depends on if I've enough money for transport etc.

:)

--
epistolize

my signature is a squiggle, but my keyboard like a trusty secretary
always organises my thoughts into lines of legible text, filing them
away so I can scream and beat up on my computer when it crashes and I
haven't backed up.
epistolize's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11876

http://tinyurl.com/mz3pg

--
epistolize

my signature is a squiggle, but my keyboard like a trusty secretary
always organises my thoughts into lines of legible text, filing them
away so I can scream and beat up on my computer when it crashes and I
haven't backed up.
epistolize's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11876

Well,
I would love to come, i have a camera aswell, but due to work, and the
relative short time to arrange travel/get money (im learning to drive
at the mo so money is tight) i don't think i will be able to make it.
Plus Devon is about a 6 hour train journey with 3 or 4 changes. Would
love to see everyone again though. Will give it some thought.

Rock on!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

"May you tread lightly through the dark time of the day and may your
nose stay chunk-free." - Mrboogiejuice

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584

its getting pretty close so im checking you're all still interested?
post here or send me a PM if you are and within the next week i'll PM
you with details of where we are meeting and contact numbers and stuff
:)

--
amanda.gallacher

'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)
"i cant describe the pain... well, its like childbirth on my leg" -
Mike (swarbrim)
" I wish i didnt have a penis..." - Mike (swarbrim)
[email protected] - add me
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

does meeting up 11am at Exeter Cathedral sound good for people? its this
saturday so getting near :D

ive got a few ideas for places to ride, thanks to mike also.

- obviously flowerpots skatepark, it has stuff to ride on! i dont
know the technical terms so i'll let mike describe it :p
- the quay is good for flatland stuff and along the front of the
river there are huge big steps, a few 50cm(ish) walls and some
gaps/drops.
- outside pizza hut there is an awesome ledge, you jump onto the
lower bit from the curb then when you get to the end there is a 3 or
4 foot drop.
- on the way to pizza hut there are lots of reali long stair sets
- there are many other spots on the way to different places so
obviously we will stop at those for a bit, like the giant polo, some
places near the cathedral etc

hope you can all make it, say if you cant please :)

thanks
Amanda

ps, mike, add anything ive missed or anything ive got wrong :)

--

amanda.gallacher wrote:

- on the way to pizza hut there are lots of reali long stair sets

This is an understatement. I will give someone £5 if they can ride
down or or clear (no chance) these sets. The sets lead into the
underground tunnel to cross the road and are near Pizza Hut.

If you want me to describe the skate park I will. Just give the word.

Mike

--
swarbrim

:D add me at [email protected]

'i like things big' Amanda

'I prefer "badunkadunk", myself' Dudewithasock
swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

I am gutted cos i cant, do it again though please, oh and north possibly
could you come to exeter on june 25th its a sunday, we are doing a
cycle circus event there and amanda and mike are coming and anyone else
that wants too it would be great
sos i cant come

have fun all of ya

l8az lucas