South West mini meet - UK

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by amanda.gallacher, Apr 2, 2006.

  1. Hey guys and gals

    I've been talking to some people and we thought it would be cool to
    have a mini uni meet in Exeter, Devon. The date we are thinking of is
    Saturday june 10th. I know it's a long way away, but i thought i would
    post early to see who would be interested.

    We would meet up in the city centre and ride to various spots outside
    the city, such as the skate park, the quay etc. North is coming riding
    and he is looking to film some stuff for a dvd he is looking into
    making, so come along to have fun and be filmed. dont worry if you dont
    want to be filmed, just come for the fun of it.

    The more people that come, the more enjoyable the meet will be.
    Obviously, it won't be like BUC, but its a chance to ride with other
    unicyclists. So far, i me, North and Bishop are definates. Also, i
    expect Mike, Lucas and Alick will come riding too. If you are
    intersted, post in this thread and at a later date i will PM you with
    details of where we are meeting and how to get there etc.

    Hope to see you there,
    Amanda

    PS. North asks that if you have a camera, that if possible, you ring it
    along and he will provide you with a tape that he will collect in again
    at the end :)

    --
    amanda.gallacher

    'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)

    'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)

    [email protected] - add me
    amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

  2. swarbrim

    swarbrim Guest

    Its almost certain i can come. Should be good. Cheers for the warning
    and all.

    Mike

    --
    swarbrim

    :D add me at [email protected]

    "I know how you feel. I live in England, and I was given a raincoat for
    Christmas three years ago, and I still haven't had chance to use it. "
    -- Mike Fule
    swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

  3. Lucas1wheel

    Lucas1wheel Guest

  4. MattyJ

    MattyJ Guest

  5. epistolize

    epistolize Guest

    Definately considering it- it'll be the day before my birthday- just
    depends on if I've enough money for transport etc.

    :)

    --
    epistolize

    my signature is a squiggle, but my keyboard like a trusty secretary
    always organises my thoughts into lines of legible text, filing them
    away so I can scream and beat up on my computer when it crashes and I
    haven't backed up.
    epistolize's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11876

  6. unicycleboy

    unicycleboy Guest

  7. epistolize

    epistolize Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/mz3pg

    --
    epistolize

    my signature is a squiggle, but my keyboard like a trusty secretary
    always organises my thoughts into lines of legible text, filing them
    away so I can scream and beat up on my computer when it crashes and I
    haven't backed up.
    epistolize's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11876

  8. unicycleboy

    unicycleboy Guest

  9. treepotato

    treepotato Guest

  10. Benjy

    Benjy Guest

  11. Lucas1wheel

    Lucas1wheel Guest

    I should be bringing 5 or 6 people minimun (but dont hold me to it)

    Unicycling is some what of a craze lately woo hoo, but I think they are
    thinkin of bannin them at my school arhffffffffff:mad:

    --
    Lucas1wheel
    Lucas1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11476

  12. annaats

    annaats Guest

    sounds like a great idea, i'll be well into the summer hols by then (i
    love uni terms!) never ridden in devon either, so will def try to make
    it, as long as ive fixed the uni by then!!

    --
    annaats
    annaats's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6903

  13. leo_h

    leo_h Guest

  14. Eddbmxdude

    Eddbmxdude Guest

    Well,
    I would love to come, i have a camera aswell, but due to work, and the
    relative short time to arrange travel/get money (im learning to drive
    at the mo so money is tight) i don't think i will be able to make it.
    Plus Devon is about a 6 hour train journey with 3 or 4 changes. Would
    love to see everyone again though. Will give it some thought.

    Rock on!
    Edd

    --
    Eddbmxdude

    Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

    "May you tread lightly through the dark time of the day and may your
    nose stay chunk-free." - Mrboogiejuice

    "Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
    Unisteve
    Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584

  15. its getting pretty close so im checking you're all still interested?
    post here or send me a PM if you are and within the next week i'll PM
    you with details of where we are meeting and contact numbers and stuff
    :)

    --
    amanda.gallacher

    'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
    'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)
    "i cant describe the pain... well, its like childbirth on my leg" -
    Mike (swarbrim)
    " I wish i didnt have a penis..." - Mike (swarbrim)
    [email protected] - add me
    amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

  16. does meeting up 11am at Exeter Cathedral sound good for people? its this
    saturday so getting near :D

    ive got a few ideas for places to ride, thanks to mike also.

    - obviously flowerpots skatepark, it has stuff to ride on! i dont
    know the technical terms so i'll let mike describe it :p
    - the quay is good for flatland stuff and along the front of the
    river there are huge big steps, a few 50cm(ish) walls and some
    gaps/drops.
    - outside pizza hut there is an awesome ledge, you jump onto the
    lower bit from the curb then when you get to the end there is a 3 or
    4 foot drop.
    - on the way to pizza hut there are lots of reali long stair sets
    - there are many other spots on the way to different places so
    obviously we will stop at those for a bit, like the giant polo, some
    places near the cathedral etc

    hope you can all make it, say if you cant please :)

    thanks
    Amanda

    ps, mike, add anything ive missed or anything ive got wrong :)

    --
    amanda.gallacher

    'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
    'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)
    "i cant describe the pain... well, its like childbirth on my leg" -
    Mike (swarbrim)
    " I wish i didnt have a penis..." - Mike (swarbrim)
    [email protected] - add me
    amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

  17. dale_dale

    dale_dale Guest

  18. swarbrim

    swarbrim Guest

    amanda.gallacher wrote:

    - on the way to pizza hut there are lots of reali long stair sets

    This is an understatement. I will give someone £5 if they can ride
    down or or clear (no chance) these sets. The sets lead into the
    underground tunnel to cross the road and are near Pizza Hut.

    If you want me to describe the skate park I will. Just give the word.

    Mike

    --
    swarbrim

    :D add me at mike41ishere[email protected]

    'i like things big' Amanda

    'I prefer "badunkadunk", myself' Dudewithasock
    swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

  19. swarbrim

    swarbrim Guest

  20. Lucas1wheel

    Lucas1wheel Guest

    I am gutted cos i cant, do it again though please, oh and north possibly
    could you come to exeter on june 25th its a sunday, we are doing a
    cycle circus event there and amanda and mike are coming and anyone else
    that wants too it would be great
    sos i cant come

    have fun all of ya

    l8az lucas