Southafrican Races

yaboo81

May 20, 2006
I have just started riding and i would like to know if i wish to ride a race do i need to be part of a clib or can i just go on the day of the race pay my entry fee and ride the race

Any southafrican riders

Many of the races allow you to enter on the day, albeit a lot earlier than the start times, but if you are not a registered rider and don’t have a number and a transponder your results, time position might not get recorded and sent to you.

If you join the Pedal power association they will register you, provide you with number,recording transponder and send you the race particulars Road and MTB throughout the country well ahead of events.
http://www.pedalpower.org.za/

HowardSteele said:
Many of the races allow you to enter on the day, albeit a lot earlier than the start times, but if you are not a registered rider and don’t have a number and a transponder your results, time position might not get recorded and sent to you.

If you join the Pedal power association they will register you, provide you with number,recording transponder and send you the race particulars Road and MTB throughout the country well ahead of events.
http://www.pedalpower.org.za/
Thanks for your reply i was just wondering does this websit include all the races or are they just a select few that are assocaiated to pedalpower

They cover pretty much all the cycling events i'm sure there are charity fun rides that may slip the calender.Those are usualy advertised in and around the events location,
Our two cycling mags,Ride andBicyling also have the list of events nationally.

HowardSteele said:
They cover pretty much all the cycling events i'm sure there are charity fun rides that may slip the calender.Those are usualy advertised in and around the events location,
Our two cycling mags,Ride andBicyling also have the list of events nationally.
Oh yes i just bought that magazine they are a few events in my area thanks again your help is much appreciated