Southeastern Hub of racing for April/May

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Bikerecker, Apr 27, 2003.

  1. Bikerecker

    Bikerecker Guest

    Check it out. Yesterday, we had: 120 Pro 1, 2 riders in the Tour de Moore, where I saw lots of Ideal
    Tile, Bike doctor, and Snow valley riders, in NC. Some folks went from there to Athens, some hung
    around for a crit in Chapel Hill today (congrats to Fairway Subaru for winning both Tour de Moore
    and Chapel Hill convincingly, Harkey and Conn, respectively). At the same time, of course, the Tour
    de Georgia was ripping. Next week are the 4 Heritage crits in SC, followed by the Roswell, GA, NRC
    race on Sunday. So, the Pros who are finished up the TdG today, and all the Yankees, etc, who came
    in for Moore and Athens, are going to hang around for 5 more days of fairly big $ crits. Imagine the
    speed.... Starting to feel like Philly in June around here. Greg Miller

    Tags:

  2. "Bikerecker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Check it out. Yesterday, we had: 120 Pro 1, 2 riders in the Tour de Moore, where I saw lots of
    > Ideal Tile,
    Bike
    > doctor, and Snow valley riders, in NC. Some folks went from there to Athens, some hung around for
    > a crit in
    Chapel
    > Hill today (congrats to Fairway Subaru for winning both Tour de Moore and Chapel Hill
    > convincingly, Harkey and Conn, respectively). At the same
    time, of
    > course, the Tour de Georgia was ripping. Next week are the 4 Heritage crits in SC, followed by the
    > Roswell, GA, NRC
    race
    > on Sunday. So, the Pros who are finished up the TdG today, and all the Yankees, etc, who came in
    > for Moore and Athens, are going to hang around
    for 5
    > more days of fairly big $ crits.

    WOW

  3. Bikerecker

    Bikerecker Guest

    Henry Chang wrote:

    WOW

    Glad to see your enthusiasm for such high level racing in such a non traditional area. Besides the
    Wachovia week, no other racing in the country will approach what we've seen here in the the SE
    this Spring.

    Read about it again:

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/apr03/apr30news