Southend to London

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Gadget, Apr 30, 2003.

  1. Gadget

    Gadget Guest

    This is my game plan for tommorow.

    I plan to train it to southend. Then following the Thamse until I reach Central London then follow
    the A10 up into Enfield.

    Any Comments

    Gadget

    Tags:

  2. Andrew B

    Andrew B Guest

    If Enfield hasn't changed too much.

    KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR WHEELS ! EVEN WHEN MOVING.

    I'm sure its improved since I used to work there.

    Regards,

    Andrew

    "Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]... This is my game plan for tommorow.

    I plan to train it to southend. Then following the Thamse until I reach Central London then follow
    the A10 up into Enfield.

    Any Comments

    Gadget

  3. Tony R

    Tony R Guest

    "Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > This is my game plan for tommorow.
    >
    > I plan to train it to southend. Then following the Thamse until I reach Central London then follow
    > the A10 up into Enfield.
    >
    > Any Comments
    >
    > Gadget

    If Enfield is home then you'll know already.....but there's a bloody awful roundabout on the A10
    where it crosses the N. Circular. Used to scare me on a bus. There must be a more pleasant
    alternative to the Great Cambridge Road? The road that takes in Tottenham High Rd., Fore St.
    Edmonton etc. would be more interesting too. tony R.

  4. Msa

    Msa Guest

    > I plan to train it to southend. Then following the Thamse until I reach Central London then follow
    > the A10 up into Enfield.
    >
    > Any Comments
    >
    > Gadget

    Personally I'd follow the THAMES, it will be a much better route. :)

    Seriously now, why not do it both ways...save on the train fare?

    --
    Mark

  5. Gadget

    Gadget Guest

    "tony R" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > This is my game plan for tommorow.
    > >
    > > I plan to train it to southend. Then following the Thamse until I reach Central London then
    > > follow the A10 up into Enfield.
    > >
    > > Any Comments
    > >
    > > Gadget
    > >
    > If Enfield is home then you'll know already.....but there's a bloody awful roundabout on the A10
    > where it crosses the N. Circular. Used to scare me
    on
    > a bus. There must be a more pleasant alternative to the Great Cambridge Road? The road that takes
    > in Tottenham High Rd., Fore St. Edmonton etc. would be more interesting too. tony R.

    I know the roundabout and now they've put in a lovly little subway underneath which cuts it out

    Gadget

  6. Gadget

    Gadget Guest

    "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > I plan to train it to southend. Then following the Thamse until I reach Central London then
    > > follow the A10 up into Enfield.
    > >
    > > Any Comments
    > >
    > > Gadget
    > >

    > Personally I'd follow the THAMES, it will be a much better route. :)
    >
    > Seriously now, why not do it both ways...save on the train fare?

    Doh, fingers too quick for their own good. I might do that but have yet to decide on the
    train thing.

    Gadget

  7. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    "tony R" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > If Enfield is home then you'll know already.....but there's a bloody awful roundabout on the A10
    > where it crosses the N. Circular. Used to scare me on a bus.

    Ah, the Cambridge Roundabout! I used to ride round that every day as a lad, and I remember learning
    the hard way there that when a lorry leans on you and you lean back you lose. It's changed hugely
    since then though, with the old Cambridge pub having been knocked down. I suspect it might be easier
    now than in days of yore as much of the traffic now goes underneath while it used all to go round.

    --
    Dave...

  8. > This is my game plan for tommorow.

    > I plan to train it to southend. Then following the Thamse until I reach Central London then follow
    > the A10 up into Enfield.

    can you really get near the Thames, except in one or two rather off-track spots, like Tilbury?
    Sustrans has plans for a bike route on that track, but not mauch has happened. I think the charity
    rides keep fairly far north, away from the house for as long as possible.

    Jeremy Parker