Southend to London

Gadget

Guest
This is my game plan for tommorow.

I plan to train it to southend. Then following the Thamse until I reach Central London then follow
the A10 up into Enfield.

Any Comments

Gadget

If Enfield hasn't changed too much.

KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR WHEELS ! EVEN WHEN MOVING.

I'm sure its improved since I used to work there.

Regards,

Andrew

"Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... This is my game plan for tommorow.

I plan to train it to southend. Then following the Thamse until I reach Central London then follow
the A10 up into Enfield.

Any Comments

Gadget

"Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> This is my game plan for tommorow.
>
> I plan to train it to southend. Then following the Thamse until I reach Central London then follow
> the A10 up into Enfield.
>
> Any Comments
>
> Gadget

If Enfield is home then you'll know already.....but there's a bloody awful roundabout on the A10
where it crosses the N. Circular. Used to scare me on a bus. There must be a more pleasant
alternative to the Great Cambridge Road? The road that takes in Tottenham High Rd., Fore St.
Edmonton etc. would be more interesting too. tony R.

> I plan to train it to southend. Then following the Thamse until I reach Central London then follow
> the A10 up into Enfield.
>
> Any Comments
>
> Gadget

Personally I'd follow the THAMES, it will be a much better route. :)

Seriously now, why not do it both ways...save on the train fare?

--
Mark

"tony R" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > This is my game plan for tommorow.
> >
> > I plan to train it to southend. Then following the Thamse until I reach Central London then
> > follow the A10 up into Enfield.
> >
> > Any Comments
> >
> > Gadget
> >
> If Enfield is home then you'll know already.....but there's a bloody awful roundabout on the A10
> where it crosses the N. Circular. Used to scare me
on
> a bus. There must be a more pleasant alternative to the Great Cambridge Road? The road that takes
> in Tottenham High Rd., Fore St. Edmonton etc. would be more interesting too. tony R.

I know the roundabout and now they've put in a lovly little subway underneath which cuts it out

Gadget

"MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > I plan to train it to southend. Then following the Thamse until I reach Central London then
> > follow the A10 up into Enfield.
> >
> > Any Comments
> >
> > Gadget
> >

> Personally I'd follow the THAMES, it will be a much better route. :)
>
> Seriously now, why not do it both ways...save on the train fare?

Doh, fingers too quick for their own good. I might do that but have yet to decide on the
train thing.

Gadget

"tony R" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> If Enfield is home then you'll know already.....but there's a bloody awful roundabout on the A10
> where it crosses the N. Circular. Used to scare me on a bus.

Ah, the Cambridge Roundabout! I used to ride round that every day as a lad, and I remember learning
the hard way there that when a lorry leans on you and you lean back you lose. It's changed hugely
since then though, with the old Cambridge pub having been knocked down. I suspect it might be easier
now than in days of yore as much of the traffic now goes underneath while it used all to go round.

--
Dave...

> This is my game plan for tommorow.
>
> I plan to train it to southend. Then following the Thamse until I reach Central London then follow
> the A10 up into Enfield.

can you really get near the Thames, except in one or two rather off-track spots, like Tilbury?
Sustrans has plans for a bike route on that track, but not mauch has happened. I think the charity
rides keep fairly far north, away from the house for as long as possible.

Jeremy Parker