Southern bike ban protest

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Tony Raven, Jan 16, 2006.

  1. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Tags:

  2. elyob

    elyob Guest

  3. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    Tony Raven wrote:
    > Protests made it onto the BBC South 10 o'clock news and the BBC website
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/4614760.stm

    I sheepishly folded up my (bigger than a briefcase) bike this evening
    and was allowed onto the platform and the train; unlike one of my
    ex-companions who wasn't even allowed to take his normal bike onto the
    platform to lock it up without a chaperone (wonder how long that will
    last?)

  4. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

  5. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Ambrose Nankivell wrote:

    >> Oh, has he got a Brompton as well ?

    > That does make it somewhat easier getting everywhere.

    Only if you tell people. Otherwise you spend all your time being
    stopped to ask if its new ;-)

    --
    Tony

    right."