southern california and thorns

yajeflow said:
how often do YOU get punctures from thorns?
I just picked up my mtn bike yesterday. I used to ride a while back and started up again. I went out for my first ride today (Wagon Wheel Canyon) and it was so great. I wish I wouldn't have stopped riding before...oh well.

What are some good trails around here?

Thanks

HBMully said:
I just picked up my mtn bike yesterday. I used to ride a while back and started up again. I went out for my first ride today (Wagon Wheel Canyon) and it was so great. I wish I wouldn't have stopped riding before...oh well.

Thanks
i picked my bike on friday night. i had'nt ridden in about 20 years. i went to aliso woods. sandy in some parts. pretty flat. a dirt road more than a trail. there are other single track trails off the main trail, though. i was too dang tired to try any of the out, though. i went to wagon wheel today for comparison. WW is a lot more difficult that the main AW trail. i went up to the gink vista by taking mule deer. i had to get off and walk about six times. cripes. it FELT like i was way up, but i'm sure it really wasn't that high. i thought i was in my granny gear the whole way up, but didn't notcied until i got back down that i was actually in the middle ring. oops.
as for other trails, i look at reviews on mtbr.com and a site run by a guy named 'mountain bike bill'. good luck. keep an eye out for a sweating, puffing hulk on a bianchi on a trail near you...

yajeflow said:
Dont now about california but here in Briton there a nightmare went through three tubes yesterday. I heard some where you can get tyre liners to stop them but never seen them.

yajeflow said:
Stuff like stans notubes should (in theory) help. I've never used it, but it gets good reviews.

yajeflow said:
i look at reviews on mtbr.com and a site run by a guy named 'mountain bike bill'. good luck. keep an eye out for a sweating, puffing hulk on a bianchi on a trail near you...
Good info...Thanks!

I'll keep an eye out for ya out there... :D

HBMully said:

Thanks
The thorns in the tube usually arent the problem. pulling them outta your skin after you ditched is different though.
absolute favorite trail is the santiago truck trail in Lake Forest. great climbs, fast descents, rocky, and a fun downhill option if your short on time.

braneyc said:
The thorns in the tube usually arent the problem. pulling them outta your skin after you ditched is different though.
absolute favorite trail is the santiago truck trail in Lake Forest. great climbs, fast descents, rocky, and a fun downhill option if your short on time.

I live in RSM and I just ready your reply about Santiago Truck Trail in Lake Forest. I just bought a MTB and don't know where the trails are. Could you help me? Where is STT?? from RSM??

Thanks in Advance.

surfer_lar said:
I live in RSM and I just ready your reply about Santiago Truck Trail in Lake Forest. I just bought a MTB and don't know where the trails are. Could you help me? Where is STT?? from RSM??

Thanks in Advance.
do you know where cooks corner is?? Its that biker bar on El Toro (it changes names before that but i dont know the name) If you know that place i can get you there its only a few blocks. Sorry, i dont know the region too well