Soy and Tummy Aches

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Laureen, Jan 6, 2006.

  1. Laureen

    Laureen Guest

    I just recently started trying introducing soy into my diet. I'm
    actually tired of meat right now ( it is dry and sits funny in my
    pouch) and thought maybe soy, cottage cheese, yogurt, a few nuts, and
    oatmeal would suffice for protein for a while. I had 1/4 salted soy
    nuts the other night and got the worst pain and pressure type stomach
    ache! Then the gas hit. OMG! I never gave it a thought but yesterday I
    tried a veggie Boca Burger and ate it plain after baking it. The same
    thing happened again. I have eaten the Morningstar Veggie burgers and
    they didnt do it to me. Am I allergic to soy or is soy notorious for
    doing this? Soy is listed at the top of the list on the Boca's and
    veggies are listed first on the Morningstars. BTW Boca veggie burgers
    taste like shit with that char broiled fake taste, the Morningstars
    have mushroom and crunchy water chestnuts brown rice and soy etc. Very
    good!!!!
    Laureen

    Tags:

  2. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Too much fiber?

    "Laureen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I just recently started trying introducing soy into my diet. I'm
    > actually tired of meat right now ( it is dry and sits funny in my
    > pouch) and thought maybe soy, cottage cheese, yogurt, a few nuts, and
    > oatmeal would suffice for protein for a while. I had 1/4 salted soy
    > nuts the other night and got the worst pain and pressure type stomach
    > ache! Then the gas hit. OMG! I never gave it a thought but yesterday I
    > tried a veggie Boca Burger and ate it plain after baking it. The same
    > thing happened again. I have eaten the Morningstar Veggie burgers and
    > they didnt do it to me. Am I allergic to soy or is soy notorious for
    > doing this? Soy is listed at the top of the list on the Boca's and
    > veggies are listed first on the Morningstars. BTW Boca veggie burgers
    > taste like shit with that char broiled fake taste, the Morningstars
    > have mushroom and crunchy water chestnuts brown rice and soy etc. Very
    > good!!!!
    > Laureen

  3. Val in Boise

    Val in Boise Guest

    I have a funny story about soy. My mother (age 82) decided she was lactose
    intolerant and so switched to soy milk. One night they had soup (with soy
    milk) and sandwiches for dinner. My dad (age 85) called me (I live about a
    mile from them) at about 10:00 p.m. and said he was having horrible chest
    pains and that I needed to take him to the hospital. We went over there and
    said, "How do you think we are going to carry you to the car?" He sat up
    and when he did he had a belch from hell and his chest pains went away
    immediately. I reminded him that soy were "BEANS" and that what he had was
    gas. It's funny now, but it wasn't then.

    Val in Boise

    "Laureen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    |I just recently started trying introducing soy into my diet. I'm
    | actually tired of meat right now ( it is dry and sits funny in my
    | pouch) and thought maybe soy, cottage cheese, yogurt, a few nuts, and
    | oatmeal would suffice for protein for a while. I had 1/4 salted soy
    | nuts the other night and got the worst pain and pressure type stomach
    | ache! Then the gas hit. OMG! I never gave it a thought but yesterday I
    | tried a veggie Boca Burger and ate it plain after baking it. The same
    | thing happened again. I have eaten the Morningstar Veggie burgers and
    | they didnt do it to me. Am I allergic to soy or is soy notorious for
    | doing this? Soy is listed at the top of the list on the Boca's and
    | veggies are listed first on the Morningstars. BTW Boca veggie burgers
    | taste like shit with that char broiled fake taste, the Morningstars
    | have mushroom and crunchy water chestnuts brown rice and soy etc. Very
    | good!!!!
    | Laureen

  4. Soy is NOT REAL FOOD.

    http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/complaints.html