Soy and Tummy Aches

Laureen

Guest
I just recently started trying introducing soy into my diet. I'm
actually tired of meat right now ( it is dry and sits funny in my
pouch) and thought maybe soy, cottage cheese, yogurt, a few nuts, and
oatmeal would suffice for protein for a while. I had 1/4 salted soy
nuts the other night and got the worst pain and pressure type stomach
ache! Then the gas hit. OMG! I never gave it a thought but yesterday I
tried a veggie Boca Burger and ate it plain after baking it. The same
thing happened again. I have eaten the Morningstar Veggie burgers and
they didnt do it to me. Am I allergic to soy or is soy notorious for
doing this? Soy is listed at the top of the list on the Boca's and
veggies are listed first on the Morningstars. BTW Boca veggie burgers
taste like **** with that char broiled fake taste, the Morningstars
have mushroom and crunchy water chestnuts brown rice and soy etc. Very
good!!!!
Laureen

Too much fiber?

"Laureen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I just recently started trying introducing soy into my diet. I'm
> actually tired of meat right now ( it is dry and sits funny in my
> pouch) and thought maybe soy, cottage cheese, yogurt, a few nuts, and
> oatmeal would suffice for protein for a while. I had 1/4 salted soy
> nuts the other night and got the worst pain and pressure type stomach
> ache! Then the gas hit. OMG! I never gave it a thought but yesterday I
> tried a veggie Boca Burger and ate it plain after baking it. The same
> thing happened again. I have eaten the Morningstar Veggie burgers and
> they didnt do it to me. Am I allergic to soy or is soy notorious for
> doing this? Soy is listed at the top of the list on the Boca's and
> veggies are listed first on the Morningstars. BTW Boca veggie burgers
> taste like **** with that char broiled fake taste, the Morningstars
> have mushroom and crunchy water chestnuts brown rice and soy etc. Very
> good!!!!
> Laureen

I have a funny story about soy. My mother (age 82) decided she was lactose
intolerant and so switched to soy milk. One night they had soup (with soy
milk) and sandwiches for dinner. My dad (age 85) called me (I live about a
mile from them) at about 10:00 p.m. and said he was having horrible chest
pains and that I needed to take him to the hospital. We went over there and
said, "How do you think we are going to carry you to the car?" He sat up
and when he did he had a belch from hell and his chest pains went away
immediately. I reminded him that soy were "BEANS" and that what he had was
gas. It's funny now, but it wasn't then.

Val in Boise

"Laureen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
|I just recently started trying introducing soy into my diet. I'm
| actually tired of meat right now ( it is dry and sits funny in my
| pouch) and thought maybe soy, cottage cheese, yogurt, a few nuts, and
| oatmeal would suffice for protein for a while. I had 1/4 salted soy
| nuts the other night and got the worst pain and pressure type stomach
| ache! Then the gas hit. OMG! I never gave it a thought but yesterday I
| tried a veggie Boca Burger and ate it plain after baking it. The same
| thing happened again. I have eaten the Morningstar Veggie burgers and
| they didnt do it to me. Am I allergic to soy or is soy notorious for
| doing this? Soy is listed at the top of the list on the Boca's and
| veggies are listed first on the Morningstars. BTW Boca veggie burgers
| taste like **** with that char broiled fake taste, the Morningstars
| have mushroom and crunchy water chestnuts brown rice and soy etc. Very
| good!!!!
| Laureen

Soy is NOT REAL FOOD.

http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/complaints.html