Spaghetti Squash with Garlic and Oil

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Julia Dream, Mar 27, 2006.

  1. Julia Dream

    Julia Dream Guest

    > From: " Fredric Pope " <[email protected]>
    > I would like to eat more spaghetti squash but I don.t have a good recipe for it.

    Spaghetti Squash with Garlic and Oil

    1 spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise
    1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    minced garlic, as much as you can handle
    crushed red pepper, also as much as you can handle

    Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Place cut squash in a large baking dish with a cup of
    water around it. Bake until tender, about 45 minutes. Allow to cool enough to be
    able to shred into a bowl. In a large pan over medium heat, sauté garlic and
    crushed red pepper in olive oil for about 10 seconds. Add shredded spaghetti
    squash, and toss to coat with the garlic and oil. Serve with grated parmesan
    cheese.

    --
    Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at [email protected].
    Archives: http://www.cdkitchen.com/rfr/ http://recipes.alastra.com/