Spain Self-Guided tour

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Gregory Kinney, Jun 9, 2003.

  1. Looking for recommendations for a company that arranges great, not too $$$ self-guided bike trip
    (6-8 days) in Spain. We took a Discover France tour through the provence about 3 years ago that was
    excellent, and ($800-900 pp), which included luggage transport hotel, bf, and dinner. ANyone have
    any suggestions. We didn't bring our bikes, but have nicer ones now. Would anyone recommend/ not
    recommend bringing one's own? Thx. gk

    Tags:

  2. Do it yourself. I've been on more than 40 bike tours and have always done it myself. It's much
    cheaper, I imagine. I've been to Spain many times. It is one of my three favourite places for
    touring, the other 2 being Ireland and Scotland.

    Some tips.

    Don't go the Southern Spain or central Spain in mid-summer as you'll fry.

  3. Ron Friedel

    Ron Friedel Guest

    We've had a couple of good trips with EUROCYCLE. They are much cheaper than going through an
    American company. The English version of their website is at
    http://www.eurocycle.at/englisch/englindex.html. We've used their rental bikes which were fine for
    trips along the rivers.

    But next time we go to Europe we will go self-supported with our own bikes. Cheaper yet and the
    small pensions are really charming and a neat way to meet ordinary people.

    Ron Friedel

    "Gregory Kinney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Looking for recommendations for a company that arranges great, not too $$$ self-guided bike trip
    > (6-8 days) in Spain. We took a Discover France tour through the provence about 3 years ago that
    > was excellent, and ($800-900 pp), which included luggage transport hotel, bf, and dinner. ANyone
    > have any suggestions. We didn't bring our bikes, but have nicer ones now. Would anyone recommend/
    > not recommend bringing one's own? Thx. gk

  4. Wasichu

    Wasichu Guest

    i just looked at the link you posted and it looks like there are some great deals.i was just
    wondering how many people here have taken one of these tours,and how they would rate the experience.

    --
    news:[email protected]...

  5. "Gregory Kinney" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]

    > Looking for recommendations for a company that arranges great, not too $$$ self-guided bike trip
    > (6-8 days) in Spain. We took a Discover France tour through the provence about 3 years ago that
    > was excellent, and ($800-900 pp), which included luggage transport hotel, bf, and dinner. ANyone
    > have any suggestions. We didn't bring our bikes, but have nicer ones now. Would anyone recommend/
    > not recommend bringing one's own? Thx. gk

    Hello Gregory: My wife and I went on a 7 day northern Spain trip summer before last. Great time.
    Journal and pictures are at my web site www.thebest.net/drbob/ The name of the company is
    Iberocycle. If you read my journal I believe that you will find the trip meats your specs very well.
    Good luck.

  6. Jim

    Jim Guest

    try also