Spam squashed?

Wow, I was so used to mentally blocking it out that I didn't even notice.

Yes, fingers crossed.

Edit: ... and the search function is back?!? Is this all just a fond dream? :eek:

Now I'll never know where to look to find knockoff jeans, shoes, and purses.

Squint said:
Now I'll never know where to look to find knockoff jeans, shoes, and purses.
:mad: Are you tempting fate here? Well, if the spam comes back, we'll know whom to blame. ;):p

Yes...congrats and thanks to the site owner for getting it taken care of.

There's always the Wattage Group. It's a bit different format; more of a distribution list with a web front-end, than a forum.

Only thing is you need to be a member to subscribe, but that's just a matter of creating a Google Account (not necessarily a Gmail account; you can create a Google Account based on any email address) then answering the membership questions.

Here's the link:
http://groups.google.com/group/wattage

just an idea but couldnt signup to a particular forum be made dependent on a moderators authorisation where the submission includes some sort of forum specific question to which a spammer wouldnt be likely to pose an intelligent answer?...

Apparently not completely squashed, but gratefully some of them (especially nikejackass) were maimed a little last week from the site administrator. Hopefully the administrator will take care of the new spammers.

Steve_B said:
yep .... yep .... yep.

I'm sure one of us could keep the posts deleted if not having the wherewithal to stop 'em in the 1st place. Makes the real threads very hard to follow ..:mad: :mad: :mad:

It looks like the NikeJordan guy just reregistered under a new name, so things are back to normal again. :p

I guess the owners of this site don't think it's worth their time to maintain it anymore. I can understand that, but it would be nice if they could just appoint some more mods or sell the site to some new owners.