SPAM

alienator

Jun 10, 2004
The recent uptick in SPAM posts has been really sweet. What's awesome is that some posters respond solely so that their SPAM sigs can be seen, and these posters are allowed to continue posting, albeit sometimes without their spam sigs. Sweet! Takin' away their sigs is really teachin' 'em a lesson! :rolleyes:

High, my name is Alientator and I like to tell the mods, their grandparents and their beagles too what to do because this is my site ( or so I'd like to think so)...

...smells good up here!

Be a part of the solution, not the problem.

roadhouse said:
High, my name is Alientator and I like to tell the mods, their grandparents and their beagles too what to do because this is my site ( or so I'd like to think so)...

...smells good up here!

Be a part of the solution, not the problem.

I actually like Alienator's posts.......

For the record, removing sigs from users is a function that can only be accessed on vBulletin forums by an admin or by a 'super moderator'. When I see a post for the sole purpose of showing a spammy sig I delete the entire post and give the poster an infraction for a signature rule violation, most of the time that's enough to deter them. When they get enough infraction points they automatically get wanged for a certain amount of time, depending on how many points they've racked up. Only a super mod or an admin can make the ban permanent.

Wow. How heartening.

Looking at the first page of each sub-forum index, there are a total of 45 blatantly, painfully obvious SPAM threads. Golly, that almost makes a person believe that notifying the mods will actually have an effect. Almost.

alienator said:
Wow. How heartening.

Looking at the first page of each sub-forum index, there are a total of 45 blatantly, painfully obvious SPAM threads. Golly, that almost makes a person believe that notifying the mods will actually have an effect. Almost.
I'm working on it as you've written this, just refresh your page and see how many have poofed... :rolleyes:

cyberlegend1994 said:
I'm working on it as you've written this, just refresh your page and see how many have poofed... :rolleyes:
Any chance you can work your magic in the Australia and New Zealand subforum?

There are currently 14 spam threads in there, most of them for GHD hair straighteners - unfortunately for the spammers the average Aussie male has no interest in such fripperies.

matagi said:
Any chance you can work your magic in the Australia and New Zealand subforum?

There are currently 14 spam threads in there, most of them for GHD hair straighteners - unfortunately for the spammers the average Aussie male has no interest in such fripperies.
You should see them disappear in a mushroom cloud any second now...