Spam

Quote: Originally Posted by mpre53 .
And.....they're baaacccckkk.

big-smile.png

0.jpg

I have decided that deleting spam posters and spam on weekends is sort of like the old game space invaders, they just keep coming and you gotta keep shooting them down.

What about a software update?
I checked the forum earlier and there were like 15 spam threads...
sad.png

I deleted a couple of more spam threads earlier today.

The sad thing is that this is the October Bank holiday weekend here, a public holiday here. And I'm sitting here waiting for the Spammers
nerd.png

Lim, I deleted a couple also but over the weekend probably 100 + and banned at least 2 dozen spammers so 2 or 3 is nothing these days.
I wish I could spam them back with a cattle prod up their butts. I guess the weather is turning colder for you.

Originally Posted by jhuskey
Lim, I deleted a couple also but over the weekend probably 100 + and banned at least 2 dozen spammers so 2 or 3 is nothing these days.
I wish I could spam them back with a cattle prod up their butts. I guess the weather is turning colder for you.
Aye, this weekend has been bad spam wise. I've deleted dozens of accounts in the past fortnight.

Yeah, the British Summer Time ended so we're in the dark by 17.00hrs daily but the weather hasn't been bad by usual standards.
Today it was 12 celsius which is pretty good. We had an exceptional May-October. We experienced 30 degree centigrade heat several times.
Temps have been high teens early 20's on average.

Freckles don't know what's hit 'em
big-smile.png

The fading light is getting me also. I did 12 miles on the trainer yesterday. Oh , it was all uphill , a local climb I mapped to the top of the Smoky Mtns. It is not like the road but beats nothing besides I don't need wear a helmet or gloves.

jhuskey said:
Lim, I deleted a couple also but over the weekend probably 100 + and banned at least 2 dozen spammers so 2 or 3 is nothing these days. I wish I could spam them back with a cattle prod up their butts. I guess the weather is turning colder for you.
There was a company doing work for the government, I believe, to produce a virus like software package that would be used to destroy computers that distribute viruses but didn't require the virus host to download anything. Something like that needs to be available to target spammers.

Originally Posted by alienator

There was a company doing work for the government, I believe, to produce a virus like software package that would be used to destroy computers that distribute viruses but didn't require the virus host to download anything. Something like that needs to be available to target spammers.
0.jpg

Originally Posted by limerickman

Yeah, the British Summer Time ended so we're in the dark by 17.00hrs daily but the weather hasn't been bad by usual standards.
Today it was 12 celsius which is pretty good. We had an exceptional May-October. We experienced 30 degree centigrade heat several times.
Temps have been high teens early 20's on average.
Which might end up in a very... very cold winter...
big-smile.png

I just want to publicly acknowledge the help with notification from Volnix and Alienator.

Thanks for your continued help guys
cool.png

Reactions: alienator
Originally Posted by limerickman
I just want to publicly acknowledge the help with notification from Volnix and Alienator.

Thanks for your continued help guys
cool.png
No problem...
smile.png

Quite busy again at the moment.

Love deleting all those spam accounts and all of those spam threads
big-smile.png

Someone needs to develop the technology to identify spammers in public. Maybe it will be a future feature of Google Glass.

Originally Posted by alienator

Someone needs to develop the technology to identify spammers in public. Maybe it will be a future feature of Google Glass.
It would save a lot of time and effort by those who spot and report Spam and for those who delete accounts and delete threads.

I must have killed about 50 threads today : not least with the help of posters reporting Spam I should add.

I presume Monday night is NFL night?
big-smile.png

limerickman said:
I presume Monday night is NFL night?:big-smile:
Yeah, I suppose it is, but since I don't follow pro "sports" here, not having free access to it doesn't affect my life.

Thanks once again to all those posters sending us the spam alerts.

Still happy to be clearing out all those spam accounts and spam posts.