Spam

It has become a game for me. I think I might even start keeping score of how many spammers I can blast. Tomorrow will be a target rich environment with NCAA football and basketball gearing up.

Originally Posted by limerickman
Love deleting all those spam accounts and all of those spam threads
big-smile.png
There should be a spam-ban that automatically removes all posts made by the spam-banned profile.

Maybe program it as a macro.

I've never used a macro before, but apparently it just executes a series of keystrokes (in this case, Tab, Ctrl + Tab, and Enter) or mouse movements and clicks.

Have the macro:
- open user profile
- copy user id
- input URL with copied user id to view all user posts
- etc. until it's all deleted.

It doesn't look like you have any ads that would interfere with the macro. If there are any that interfere, you can just use an ad blocker.

Originally Posted by urge2kill

There should be a spam-ban that automatically removes all posts made by the spam-banned profile.

Thanks.

I've linked your post to the site administrator : the administrator is the person who is responsible for implementing such strategies.

Originally Posted by limerickman
Thanks.

I've linked your post to the site administrator : the administrator is the person who is responsible for implementing such strategies.
A macro would be a separate program that you set up and run yourself.

On second thought, would that violate the terms of service?
http://www.cyclingforums.com/a/terms-of-service
Quote: use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index the Site or any Site Content;

I have been testing out Robotux on your site, first because I just wanted to test out the program, second because I wanted to tell you how easy or difficult it would be to use.

A macro would be a separate program that you set up and run yourself.

On second thought, would that violate the terms of service?
http://www.cyclingforums.com/a/terms-of-service

I have been testing out Robotux on your site, first because I just wanted to test out the program, second because I wanted to tell you how easy or difficult it would be to use.
I'm not in a position to adjudicate upon the matter.

Its might be easier to have a system (like an add-on for this platform) that doesnt allow web links in the first 5 posts or something. Most of the link spam is from users with less then 5 posts I think.

There is allready one in this forum for pictures (doesnt allow new users to post pictures until they reached some post count or time registered), so I guess its easy to make one for web links too.

A macro should work fine, if this was a nerdy forum, but this forum is a bit "professional" (Have you noticed the lack of a black background with green letters and also the lack of bad midi file music?)
big-smile.png
, so maybe a complete add-on solution from an IT crew that specializes in this platform would be the way to go...

Oh btw check check: ****** ****** ****** ******

Update:
Heeey, I did not type "****" I typed the word E s c o r t... and it got robo-nuked!
big-smile.png
Maybe you can add "http" on that list next to that word too, or www. or something like that. That would at least stop the content from showing but the threads would still be created...
sad.png

Oh btw I would love an ****** to ****** my ****** ...
big-smile.png

0.jpg

All around, the macro seems a bit too glitchy, at least when applied to FireFox.
But it works great for file operations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volnix .
Its might be easier to have a system (like an add-on for this platform) that doesnt allow web links in the first 5 posts or something. Most of the link spam is from users with less then 5 posts I think.

There is allready one in this forum for pictures (doesnt allow new users to post pictures until they reached some post count or time registered), so I guess its easy to make one for web links too.

A macro should work fine, if this was a nerdy forum, but this forum is a bit "professional" (Have you noticed the lack of a black background with green letters and also the lack of bad midi file music?)
big-smile.png
, so maybe a complete add-on solution from an IT crew that specializes in this platform would be the way to go...

Oh btw check check: ****** ****** ****** ******

Update:
Heeey, I did not type "****" I typed the word E s c o r t... and it got robo-nuked!
big-smile.png
Maybe you can add "http" on that list next to that word too, or www. or something like that. That would at least stop the content from showing but the threads would still be created...

Maybe the moderators should censor the specific URLs linked by the spammers, and see if it breaks their hyperlinks. My guess is that it would only break the hyperlink if the censor is applied before the code is translated into hyperlink text.

Quote: Oh btw I would love an ****** to ****** my ****** ...
big-smile.png

Prostitution is forbidden here, Volnix.

Derogatory remarks towards other members are. Sorry I dont catch them all.

Is it derogatory? Besides, the definition on dictionary.com doesn't even mention sexual services. That's a less common use, although you can find it in some definitions of the word.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/******

Whadya know, the censor function can break hyperlinks. Volnix's idea would work.

How about the past-tense, or with an x before the word.
Nope, those links broke too. Do people ever have problems with their hyperlinks getting messed up by the censor?

How do you stop real members that stalk and harass and just generally spams and trolls for no reason other than to be a PITA like Alienator. Like when he goes off on a new member that is handicapped and Alienator. Just enjoys harassing the new member more even after other members have tried to get him to stop ? He is not posting likes he is just being a PITA and off topic and harassing any and everyone that doesn't agree with him or is not a fan of his ? I have yet to find a fan only people that tolorate him being an ass

The mod job is open . I look forward to retirement. Pretty much pays the same. Life is not fair. I have spent a good part of my birthday today cleaning up spam. At this moment " frankly my dear I don't give a damn!

Originally Posted by jhuskey

The mod job is open . I look forward to retirement. Pretty much pays the same. Life is not fair. I have spent a good part of my birthday today cleaning up spam. At this moment " frankly my dear I don't give a damn!
Thank you sir for your most clear , honest and believe it or not understood position ! I was a Mod on a paintball forum and as you say the pay ain;t so hot and it is non stop & if done properly at best or least should I say 4 to 6 rs a day of non stop baby sitting for adults and teens a like and even your great members can get caught up in the middle of of color humor by another member who fails to respect all members the same cam cause issues to get out of hand ! Good Moderstors are hard to find ! ! ! ! !

I sat think it over before you quit and give some thought to all the hard work you have pit in in the past and all the be hind seens work you do and have done in the past
smile.png
never give up because then bad wins
smile.png

Prostitution is forbidden here, Volnix.
Prostitution... Such a heavy word!
big-smile.png
I dont mind "getting" my ****** ****** - ed for free but these ******* require a gift for providing ****** to my ****** I think...
big-smile.png

Whadya know, the censor function can break hyperlinks. Volnix's idea would work.
It would make the spammy threads unusable but the threads would still appear until deleted. There were about 7 of them on the cafe category the other day.

Another thing that could work would be to "halt" all new members posts until approved my a mod. That would prevent them from appearing and the (probably machine created) threads would never appear and the accounts blocked but thats a bit work intensive probably...

Didn't say I was quittting but if someone is more qualified I am willing to let them have at it.

Originally Posted by jhuskey

Didn't say I was quittting but if someone is more qualified I am willing to let them have at it.
But work per mod is inversely proportional to number of mods.