Spammer

G

Hi guys,

Some idiot from Luxembourg spammed about 10 of our members with his POS website. Just letting everyone know I've banned his ISP's IP block from accessing the website ;D

Why have I taken such an extreme approach?
Because SPAMMERS **** everyone off and lower the quality of the board.

I would also like to recommend that everyone hides their email address, you can do this in your profile area.

cheers 8)

Yep, he did me aswell, and the website he tried to promote goes nowhere. I'm removing my e-mail addy from my profile too. If anyone needs to communicate with me privately, please do so via the Private Messaging feature.

I'm also thinking we should only allow PM's for members who have posted 10+ posts. This will stop people from signing up and spamming using the Private Messaging feature.

What do you guys think of that?

cheers

I'm also thinking we should only allow PM's for members who have posted 10+ posts. This will stop people from signing up and spamming using the Private Messaging feature.

What do you guys think of that?

Go for it! Incidentally, I got the message as well, but I didn't bother clicking on the link. I actually reply to most spammers I get. Although the nature of my reply generally ensures I don't get any repeat spammers :D

Whats so stupid about this is he could have posted a couple of posts on the forum with his link in his sig and he'd get way more visitors than he'd get with his spam email.

cheers

Thanks for the info guys. I hid my e-mail.

Hate the Spammers!!!!!

Looks like he paid me a visit also, but I've done what you recommended and hid my E-mail address, as for the PM idea then I think it's a good one.

Whats so stupid about this is he could have posted a couple of posts on the forum with his link in his sig and he'd get way more visitors than he'd get with his spam email.

I don't think spammers are intelligent enough to think of things like that.

Maybe he meant no harm. I have just checked up on him and found that he actually was an Olympian during the 1992 Barcelona Olympics, and that his site does contain cycling cartoons. Oh well...maybe we can get him to become a board member?

Maybe he meant no harm. I have just checked up on him and found that he actually was an Olympian during the 1992 Barcelona Olympics, and that his site does contain cycling cartoons. Oh well...maybe we can get him to become a board member?

hehe your right there, his cartoons are quite good actually ;D

Nice boys, now you"ve made me curious. See, spamming does work ;D

Good turn arround! So what is this link so that I can check out his cartoons.

Should we reveal our e-mails and allow PM's. This thread gave me my first laugh of the day!!!!

;D