Spandex issues...

gould86

Feb 29, 2004
Haha ok, do you recieve alot of comments from other people at school for wearing spandex?

No, noone cares for spandex and they never see me in it! Maybe in lower classes of elementary school other can make jokes of you hehe! Only shaved legs were making attention in the beggining but now no more! I think because it looks nicer than unshaved ones hehe..

No one ever sees me in spandex at school. A few of my friends have but they don't care, they know i am serious about cycling and they respect that. I haven't shaved my legs yet but i am sure I will get more attention when i do that.

Wear it with pride. The girls love it and the guys are either jealous or not comfortable with their sexuality.

I just shaved my legs cause I just started racing. The chicks dig it, and my guy friends seem to respect me for doing it. Especially the ones who came to the race and watch me.

Yeah...unless you want a fair number of guys (who aren't your friends, most likely) to question your sexuality, don't wear bike shorts to school.

keydates said:
Yeah...unless you want a fair number of guys (who aren't your friends, most likely) to question your sexuality, don't wear bike shorts to school.

Ahahah i meant when you are out riding.

For real, all the girls i've been with since shaving my legs have loved it. And as far as spandex goes - cyclists have nice legs...we can make all the girls jealous by looking better in spandex than they do.

Lol yeah, But they can't say anything beacause i am dating the hotest girl in the school:D ;) :cool:

Yes I get a lot of stuff about wearing spandex, I mean living in ky. says it all! One day after school I was out on my usual ride and I passed by the school cross counry team. Some body said "look theres that ryan kid!" Then every body kept calling me lance as I passed by. But some of them just complemented me on my bike the next day. But i do get alot about wearing lycra shorts.

ryan_velo said:
Yes I get a lot of stuff about wearing spandex, I mean living in ky. says it all! One day after school I was out on my usual ride and I passed by the school cross counry team. Some body said "look theres that ryan kid!" Then every body kept calling me lance as I passed by. But some of them just complemented me on my bike the next day. But i do get alot about wearing lycra shorts.

You should try to talk to some of the XC runners at your school and maybe the coach and get them into it in the off season of running, you never know, you may get some new friends to ride with. WE have a triathlon/cycling team at the school where I teach and most of my athletes are XC runners. Keep cycling, you'll stay fit and have fun, don't let spandex be an issue and ride with pride.

girliestar17 said:
You should try to talk to some of the XC runners at your school and maybe the coach and get them into it in the off season of running, you never know, you may get some new friends to ride with. WE have a triathlon/cycling team at the school where I teach and most of my athletes are XC runners. Keep cycling, you'll stay fit and have fun, don't let spandex be an issue and ride with pride.
No I don't feel uncomfprtable wearing spandex, but people do make fun of it.

girliestar17 said:

what school is this!!?

:p i wil give you a tip, when you wear spandex. Never Never Go to your girlfriend;) or watch hot girl why riding.

Start a cycling club at a middle school in ky? well then ya dont know the people in ky. It would just be gay. You get what Im sayin? I mean middle schoolers are the worst, but middle schoolers in ky! there the worst of the worst! Like, I get made fun of bcuz I have a pic. of eddy merckx in my locker. They always say "you do realize that haveing pics of grown men in sapndex in your locker is gay right?" I guess all I can do is just shake my head, I hate being a Blue in a Red state. Maybe in high school, I think high school will be a lot more interesting for me.

My highschool has a rowing team, and spandex shorts are mandatory in order to row. There's some jokes and insecurity about it at first, but after the first week of practice, the new people usually get over it. The only people that have seen me while I was cycling are the same ones that are on crew, so they dont really mind.

I cant say that much about the rest of the school though. Some people are just naturally mean spirited I guess.

I don't really care what people think I wear head phones most of the time. but anyway it makes me feel free of inhibitions and proud of the way i look. Iwear shiny black spandex and wear them extra tight so they don't slowly fall down. I am a guy and when women look at me they smile. It's great be part of the same group of spandex lovers

Yeah, it`s great to be a bit different and not care about what others think!

gould86 said:
Haha ok, do you recieve alot of comments from other people at school for wearing spandex?
I went biking at central park and some girl came up to me and said are you a mountain climbing "I see you have your spandex on and pointed her finger at my crotch and bent over to take a good look at it and then she said yes I can see you mountain climb