Spandex issues...

Discussion in 'Next Generation' started by gould86, Sep 12, 2004.

1. ryan_velo

ryan_velo New Member

HU? Whatt does mountain climbing have to do with your crotch?

2. rayner

rayner New Member

Think about it mate...

Also why do you have a picture of the cannibal in your locker, I realise you're proud of what you do but thats asking for it a bit isn't it?

3. ryan_velo

ryan_velo New Member

mever mind I get it now, it was stupid of me to ask lol! A bit to far? why is it a bit to far? other kids put stupid shit up in their lockers why cant I put a pic. of merckx in my locker? I forgot to say I have a pic. of armtrong and tyler hamilton to.

4. Bluey_27

Bluey_27 New Member

I road past a couple of guys from my school in my lycra (spandex)....i copped a bit of crap for a week or so but no1 really cares now (either that or they still dont know).

5. frankie27

frankie27 New Member

I Same here

6. frankie27

frankie27 New Member

My friends made comment or two it was just a guy thing. The more I wear them the less hassle i get everyone eventually will just accepts it or don't really care

7. ryan_velo

ryan_velo New Member

8. rayner

rayner New Member

Don't get me wrong I've got nothing against the picture in the locker etc. It just seemed that you were worried about what other people thought of you and that the picture was escalating the problem.

Sorry if I'm coming accross as a bit thick but being in middle school would make you how old? If its between about 12 and 14/5 you're gunna cop some shit regardless. If high school is like college here 16/7/8 then you'll have a lot better time of it. In high school (middle for you?) kids get hung up about their own insecurities and need someone to target that'll make people look past these insecurities. In other words the kids who are bagging the shit out of you are jealous of something that you've got.

Just a coupla little things that might interest you: cyclingnews.com a site you might know about but great for keeping up with everything. Also if you like your magazines http://www.ridemedia.com.au/ might be of interest to you. Would probably be expensive to get to america but is by far the best in the world that I have seen so far. 4 times a year and the last issue was around 200 pages.

Keep up the riding and sorry if I came acrros a bit unsympathetic I just saw the picture in the locker thing as asking for a bit of trouble that you didn't need to put up with.

9. ryan_velo

ryan_velo New Member

Your so right, and usualy people dont get on to me about it. But they do sometimes and all I can do is shake my head. you see, here in ky, every thing sucks. I mean It's pretty here but the people just suck! they are rude, stupid, close minded, simple minded, anti gay I could go on and on [what we like to call in the states, rednecks] and just recently, the 51% not to generalize that the 51% is that bad, but the ones in kentucky are. And im 14:)

10. Bluey_27

Bluey_27 New Member

Yeh Ride is a wicked mag! i think you can get it in the US, there was a letter in the july issue from someguy in the US ....he said his local shop sold Ride mag.

Bicycling Australia is pretty good too, i just got the new issue!

Are there many cyclist-hatin'-no-good-dirty-rotton-pig-stealin'-fat-truckin-rednecks around in Kentucky???

11. ryan_velo

ryan_velo New Member

Are there many cyclist-hatin'-no-good-dirty-rotton-pig-stealin'-fat-truckin-rednecks around in Kentucky???[/QUOTE]
    Yes, and the people have no reguard for people on bikes while in a vehicle. I have cussed and raised my middle finger many times! One time I was just riding along across town on my warm up and some bastard in a s#ity old gas guzzlin truck drove up and yelled "FAGG" I was severly pissed! but lately peeps have been yelling "lance!" at me, wich is a refreshing change from fagg!

12. frankie27

frankie27 New Member

have a female friend whenever we get together. she is the kind of girl that is free spirited and is fun to be with and says to me most of the time to bring my bike to see her but she doesn't bike. when we meet in the park the first minute she keeps telling me that i am In great shape and she glances at my package for a couple of seconds During the time we are together talking and walking she pats me on my butt a couple of times and says your in great shape One time I did an about face when she said I was in great shape and her hand landed right on first she said oops then laughed and then said that's what friend's are for. The next time we got together she wore red shiny spandex shorts and they were super tight and wow first time I saw her in spandex.She said she wanted to blend in with me and told her that she was in great shape to and patted her on the butt a very firm butt that is.

13. frankie27

frankie27 New Member

shiny spandex I find is the best the wind flies right off you

14. frankie27

frankie27 New Member

spandex is here to stay

15. nsean

nsean New Member

I wear my lycra proudly. Plus when ever you ride buy a girl they always give you a second look, and usually a smile. Wether it is that you look sexy in you shorts, or if its cuz they think its funny you still get a second look.:D Be proud, you have worked hard for your legs, and but, show em off!

16. SomeGuy

SomeGuy New Member

I wear padded lycra shorts, but with baggy shorts over the top. I personally think lycra makes me look like a twit, plus I ride a 16kg/35lb bike (I'm a commuter, not a racer) which weighs me down alot more :p.

That's the bit where you pull out your D-Lock ;).

17. S. Thomas

S. Thomas New Member

Nobody here thinks it's wierd at all. Our school is big for wrestling and swimming, etc, so nobody thinks twice about it, really. It's cooler in the summer and much more aerodynamic, and it shows dedication to your sport. Not even the football jocks laugh - because they're wearing it underneath their pads as a base layer.

18. philhudson

philhudson New Member

Yeah I know what you mean, all the guys at my school are ''hardcore'' football fans, its all they go on about, but when you mention cycling half the time they just try to use it against you, they are pathetic.

Not many guys laugh about the lycra here because we all use it for rugby, and where baggy team shorts on top, its only the shaving the legs bit that people laugh at, and make stupid jokes about, but like many have said it shows dedication, and shows that you are commited to your sport, which many at my school aren't, while they are all out getting drunk and smoking, I (we) are all doing good things to improve our fitness, and also have a great social life out of it. To be honest, when people laugh at me, I don't really care, because I know that they are the losers, and we are the ones that are doing things in our lives.

19. Bluey_27

Bluey_27 New Member

My friends dont really bug me..they just gave me a new nickname, either 'Andy the stud' or 'legs'.

20. poop_007

poop_007 New Member

yeah a friend of mine saw a girl in a bikini while we were riding at the beach...won't get into details.