Spandex/Lycra Shorts and Allergies

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by k1v1n, Feb 27, 2004.

1. k1v1n

k1v1n New Member

I've got an interesting problem. I have developed an allergic reaction to the materials in my shorts. It is characterized by hives and itching. Apparently it is a situation where you go along for a while just fine, but then reach a level where you are hyper-sensitive to the materials. I purchased some new shorts about a month ago, and since wearing them a couple of times--wearing *any* of my shorts causes a problem.

From my reading it sounds like this kind of allergy is pretty common. I'm curious if any of you have had this problem and how you worked it out? Anyone know a source of shorts that don't use latex? Right about now I'd be willing to pay almost any price if I could find something that would work.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Tags:

2. Chemicalanarchy

Chemicalanarchy New Member

I got the very same thing after/during the tour of panama.

Try some hydrocortisone cream and different shorts. Some will aggravate mine a lot like pearl izumi while assos gives little problems. Campy gives small problems while top of the line castelli is the worst.