Spandex??

Sep 14, 2005
I understand a competitive advantage and all, but unless you are a national competitor, leave the bananna hammock behind. I smoke latex riders in and out everyday in shorts and a t-shirt. Its not the bike, clothes, or equipment. Its the engine!

1554 said:
I understand a competitive advantage and all, but unless you are a national competitor, leave the bananna hammock behind. I smoke latex riders in and out everyday in shorts and a t-shirt. Its not the bike, clothes, or equipment. Its the engine!
did u figure this out all on ur own or did u have someone help u?

have u ever thought that it may be more of a traditional thing??? like payne stewart wearing knickers?

o yea and i beat somebody in the pool today wearing board shorts while the other guy was wearing a speedo... WHO CARES

UNF_Chaz said:
did u figure this out all on ur own or did u have someone help u?

have u ever thought that it may be more of a traditional thing??? like payne stewart wearing knickers?

o yea and i beat somebody in the pool today wearing board shorts while the other guy was wearing a speedo... WHO CARES
Amen...Why would you come in here and post something so stupid. Have you also ever thought that the reason people where Lycra is that it is more comfortable. I used to ride in loose fitting shorts and did not ever think that I would ever change into Lycra until I tried it and I never looked back.

you tell them 1554 and ill help you.

You guys in your tight tight shorts look like wankers.. complete wankers.
Ive read some freud, and so you guys must actualy think those shorts make you look more attractive to the opposite sex.. ahahah you wankers.

they dont.. they just make you look like wankers.

did i mention what wankers you are for even trying to argue against this point.

well done 1554 for raising the issue.

on futher reflection.. ive decided to retract my previous statement..

wtf do i care if you guys look like wankers.

so long as im not looking like one.
cos people who look like wankers.. tend to be like wankers.

complience said:

Ive read some freud, and so you guys must actualy think those shorts make you look more attractive to the opposite sex.. ahahah you wankers.

What issue are we talking about here? I thought he just stated his opinion? It is a valid opinion at that, to which i agree with. It is the engine not the equipment that matters.

So whats your point with getting all uptight? Best you pull your head out of your **** and smell the chain lube ;-)

chch_legend said:
What issue are we talking about here? I thought he just stated his opinion? It is a valid opinion at that, to which i agree with. It is the engine not the equipment that matters.

So whats your point with getting all uptight? Best you pull your head out of your **** and smell the chain lube ;-)
er.. i just agreed with him also. and then said i actualy didnt care.

only person whos uptight is you flinging your insults around.

er.. so go **** yourself.

I have cycled in cut-off jeans, I have cycled in running shorts and I have cycled in lycra cycling shorts and tha cycling shorts are better. It never occured to me that I looked sexy in them, or would be able to cycle faster than people who are fitter than me but I never realized either that simply wearing cycling shorts when cycling would cause so much offence.

There are some chippy people out there.

Don Shipp said:
I have cycled in cut-off jeans, I have cycled in running shorts and I have cycled in lycra cycling shorts and tha cycling shorts are better. It never occured to me that I looked sexy in them, or would be able to cycle faster than people who are fitter than me but I never realized either that simply wearing cycling shorts when cycling would cause so much offence.

There are some chippy people out there.
They never used to bother me until my dad told me that he has to rub vaseline into his plums when he wears them or he gets chaffing. Now I won't go near the things.

complience said:

And the problem with wanking is? :D

ScottishDan said:
They never used to bother me until my dad told me that he has to rub vaseline into his plums when he wears them or he gets chaffing. Now I won't go near the things.
Just for the record, I don't do that.

The difference is that unlike the OP, most of us are riding farther than a few blocks. Once you start putting the miles down on a scorching hot day, that "shorts and a t-shirt" thing is going to suck, especially after a few layers of the old taint are sanded off.

I'll keep my skin and now worry about what people think of my appearace. :)

complience said:

LOL .......******

complience said:

That's odd you sound like a ****** to me. Troll alert,by the way.

Well, we can certainly tell who looks good in spandex, and who doesn't...

I was riding in baggy MTB shorts for a long time, until one day I was heading out for a 40 miler, and the only cycling pants I could find were my wife's tight spandex shorts. (we'll see who wears the pants around here!)

One mile into that ride, and I was sold. To hell with appearance, I love these pants. No chafing, no flapping around.

I wear jeans, ordinary shorts, and cycling shorts. It all depends on where I'm riding. If it's a long haul trip, it's the spandex. A day out with the family, it's the ordinary shorts. A trip to visit my parents or something short, it's the jeans. So what if I look like a ****** in spandex. Doesn't mean I am one. The wife takes care of that for me. Complience, personal attacks for no apparent reason makes you the biggest ****** ever, whatever you wear. I'd tell you to eat ****, but as you're talking out of your ****, you're doing that already.

JohnO said:
I love these pants. No chafing, no flapping around.
And no yellowjackets! Nothing converts you to cycling shorts faster than an angry wasp sharing space with Mr. Happy!

I think the real problem is that we have a couple of people who think about looking good for the ladies or guys, when they ride while the rest of us are thinking of our ride and our comfort.

1554 said:

You have a small penis. It's okay. You probably feel 'uncomfortable' having your package exposed.

Riding up and down the block passing little kids in USPS spandex is not saying anything.

As for 'complience', go ride for 4-5 hours at a time then come say something. But wait, you probably have one of those granny seats with the suspension and all, so you don't feel a thing riding. You're the ******.

You two are nuts.