Spare tire *and* wedge under seat?

On Apr 15, 11:37 am, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:
> Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

> >> Join the modern world and switch to clinchers.

> >> Greg

> >> --
> >> The ticketbastard Tax Tracker:http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

> >> Dethink to survive - Mclusky

> > Gee, only 7 posts before this BS...maybe he likes all the advantages
> > of tubulars and the teeny disadvantages aren't worth the $ to an
> > inferior tire system?

> Now that's funnier than the OP's OP.
>
> Greg
> --
> The ticketbastard Tax Tracker:http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html
>
> Dethink to survive - Mclusky

Sounds like a guy that has never used tubulars....

- Bob - wrote:
> My bi-daily rides are fairly short...I travel light... all I need fits
> in a small wedge pack. I also carry a spare tubular in the traditional
> under seat location. I'm looking for ideas to make it fit better and
> more securely.
>
> I tried one of those Zues tubie mounts for the tire but that didn't
> improve the secure aspect. One option is to extend the velcro straps
> on the wedge to allow it to mount lower under the tire and Zues. But,
> velcro to velcro doesn't seem like a really secure choice, so I'm
> looking for other ideas.
>
> Anyone have any nice solutions worked out?

I used a Zeus holder for a long while but went back to the middle jersey
pocket.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Wayne wrote:
> http://www.jandd.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FTBII

Both that Jandd and the similar Tufo bag are ubiquitous wherever
tubulars are found.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> On Apr 15, 11:37 am, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

>>> Gee, only 7 posts before this BS...maybe he likes all the advantages
>>> of tubulars and the teeny disadvantages aren't worth the $ to an
>>> inferior tire system?

>> Now that's funnier than the OP's OP.
>>

> Sounds like a guy that has never used tubulars....

I did until 1980.

Greg
--
The ticketbastard Tax Tracker:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

Dethink to survive - Mclusky

In article <[email protected]>,
still me <[email protected]> wrote:

> I carry the smallest victorianox (sp?) knife in my bag. It gives me a
> small screwdriver and knife blade on hand. It has come in handy a few
> times and even a weight weenie would appreciate its gramlessness.

That is not the smallest.
The smallest is 16 gram and 5 by 12 by 60 mm.
No screwdriver.

--
Michael Press

On Apr 14, 10:42 am, - Bob - <[email protected]> wrote:
> My bi-daily rides are fairly short...I travel light... all I need fits
> in a small wedge pack. I also carry a spare tubular in the traditional
> under seat location. I'm looking for ideas to make it fit better and
> more securely.
>
> I tried one of those Zues tubie mounts for the tire but that didn't
> improve the secure aspect. One option is to extend the velcro straps
> on the wedge to allow it to mount lower under the tire and Zues. But,
> velcro to velcro doesn't seem like a really secure choice, so I'm
> looking for other ideas.
>
> Anyone have any nice solutions worked out?

I've used the Jandd bag mentioned here for about 20 years. Even after
the advent of clinchers <g>.

Two tubies will fit, along with tools that go in the zippered side
pockets. Point being, one tubular fits pretty easily.

The advantage to this kind of carry is the tire is a lot less likely
to be damaged by rubbing on the seat or attaching strap/whatever. The
Jandd bag has a good strap arrangement that is adjustable to give a
non-flopping fit for a given load, and is very easy to put on and take
off the bike. You can leave the tire compartment alone if you want to
use the side pockets for small items. The zippered main compartment
(not drawstring) keeps little things in, if you use it for other stuff
besides tires.

Not a wedge design, doesn't get in the way even if stuffed full.

The bag can rub paint around the seatpost binder bolt, and the
seatpost strap (velcro) will leave light marks on the seatpost in
time. Tradeoff for having a bag that doesn't wag around, and stays on
the bike no matter what. --D-y