Sparkling Swedish....fogged up :(

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by ExpatNL, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. ExpatNL

    ExpatNL Guest

    used it twice and both times it fogged up after the first 15 minutes. don't think my face is that
    warm. i really like these but the fogging up is too disruptive. am i going to buy the anti fog spray
    thingie or just toss the new goggles? any other ideas? thanks.

    Tags:

  2. M. W. Smith

    M. W. Smith Guest

    On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 15:00:11 +0100, ExpatNL <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > used it twice and both times it fogged up after the first 15 minutes. don't think my face is that
    > warm. i really like these but the fogging up is too disruptive. am i going to buy the anti fog
    > spray thingie or just toss the new goggles? any other ideas? thanks.

    When you rinse them out does it keep coming back? I think they normally are a bit more foggy than
    other goggles because there is no insulating seal to stop the heat conduction from your face to
    the plastic.

    martin

    --
    If you are a US citizen, please use your constitutional right to vote, because we badly need a new
    president.

  3. ExpatNL

    ExpatNL Guest

    "m. w. smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]...
    > When you rinse them out does it keep coming back? I think they normally are a bit more foggy than
    > other goggles because there is no insulating seal to stop the heat conduction from your face to
    > the plastic.
    >
    > martin
    ----------

    yes, it keeps coming back, almost immediately after each rinsing. i have to keep rinsing and
    spitting/licking but to no avail. my marlin [Speedo] which looks strikingly similar to these
    original swedish doesn't fog

  4. Al

    Al Guest

    > "m. w. smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...
    > > When you rinse them out does it keep coming back? I think they normally are a bit more foggy
    > > than other goggles because there is no insulating seal to stop the heat conduction from your
    > > face to the plastic.
    > >
    > > martin
    > ----------
    >
    > yes, it keeps coming back, almost immediately after each rinsing. i have to keep rinsing and
    > spitting/licking but to no avail. my marlin [Speedo] which looks strikingly similar to these
    > original swedish doesn't fog

    Last time I used goggles like these I had to keep a little water in the eyepieces to swish around
    now and then (which happened on every turn automatically.) I hadn't really gone to any trouble to
    investigate any de-fogging methods beyond saliva, though.

    - Al

  5. Mark P

    Mark P Guest

    ExpatNL wrote:
    > used it twice and both times it fogged up after the first 15 minutes. don't think my face is that
    > warm. i really like these but the fogging up is too disruptive. am i going to buy the anti fog
    > spray thingie or just toss the new goggles? any other ideas? thanks.

    This topic came up here recently. I had used a commercial solution until I read someone's suggestion
    to rub a drop of liquid soap into each lens (the sort of soap that's in most locker rooms). This
    works great for me.

  6. ExpatNL

    ExpatNL Guest

    "Mark P" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > This topic came up here recently. I had used a commercial solution until I read someone's
    > suggestion to rub a drop of liquid soap into each lens (the sort of soap that's in most locker
    > rooms). This works great for me.

    i've heard of this method as well and seen some people actually do it. will give it a go myself.

  7. ExpatNL

    ExpatNL Guest

    "Al" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > Last time I used goggles like these I had to keep a little water in the eyepieces to swish around
    > now and then (which happened on every turn automatically.) I hadn't really gone to any trouble to
    > investigate any de-fogging methods beyond saliva, though.
    >
    > - Al

    i actually did the same but the fog was relentless. the thing is i can't even swim further than 25m
    not seeing a thing. will try the liquid soap next. thanks, A1.

  8. MSEagan

    MSEagan Guest

    I have read that Johnson and Johnson Baby Shampoo (the original type and brand) is good for
    preventing fog in goggles.