Sparkling Swedish....fogged up :(

ExpatNL

Guest
used it twice and both times it fogged up after the first 15 minutes. don't think my face is that
warm. i really like these but the fogging up is too disruptive. am i going to buy the anti fog spray
thingie or just toss the new goggles? any other ideas? thanks.

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 15:00:11 +0100, ExpatNL <[email protected]>
wrote:

> used it twice and both times it fogged up after the first 15 minutes. don't think my face is that
> warm. i really like these but the fogging up is too disruptive. am i going to buy the anti fog
> spray thingie or just toss the new goggles? any other ideas? thanks.

When you rinse them out does it keep coming back? I think they normally are a bit more foggy than
other goggles because there is no insulating seal to stop the heat conduction from your face to
the plastic.

martin

--
If you are a US citizen, please use your constitutional right to vote, because we badly need a new
president.

"m. w. smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> When you rinse them out does it keep coming back? I think they normally are a bit more foggy than
> other goggles because there is no insulating seal to stop the heat conduction from your face to
> the plastic.
>
> martin
----------

yes, it keeps coming back, almost immediately after each rinsing. i have to keep rinsing and
spitting/licking but to no avail. my marlin [Speedo] which looks strikingly similar to these
original swedish doesn't fog

> "m. w. smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...
> > When you rinse them out does it keep coming back? I think they normally are a bit more foggy
> > than other goggles because there is no insulating seal to stop the heat conduction from your
> > face to the plastic.
> >
> > martin
> ----------
>
> yes, it keeps coming back, almost immediately after each rinsing. i have to keep rinsing and
> spitting/licking but to no avail. my marlin [Speedo] which looks strikingly similar to these
> original swedish doesn't fog

Last time I used goggles like these I had to keep a little water in the eyepieces to swish around
now and then (which happened on every turn automatically.) I hadn't really gone to any trouble to
investigate any de-fogging methods beyond saliva, though.

- Al

ExpatNL wrote:
> used it twice and both times it fogged up after the first 15 minutes. don't think my face is that
> warm. i really like these but the fogging up is too disruptive. am i going to buy the anti fog
> spray thingie or just toss the new goggles? any other ideas? thanks.

This topic came up here recently. I had used a commercial solution until I read someone's suggestion
to rub a drop of liquid soap into each lens (the sort of soap that's in most locker rooms). This
works great for me.

"Mark P" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> This topic came up here recently. I had used a commercial solution until I read someone's
> suggestion to rub a drop of liquid soap into each lens (the sort of soap that's in most locker
> rooms). This works great for me.

i've heard of this method as well and seen some people actually do it. will give it a go myself.

"Al" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Last time I used goggles like these I had to keep a little water in the eyepieces to swish around
> now and then (which happened on every turn automatically.) I hadn't really gone to any trouble to
> investigate any de-fogging methods beyond saliva, though.
>
> - Al

i actually did the same but the fog was relentless. the thing is i can't even swim further than 25m
not seeing a thing. will try the liquid soap next. thanks, A1.

I have read that Johnson and Johnson Baby Shampoo (the original type and brand) is good for
preventing fog in goggles.