SPD cleat covers?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Brian Wasson, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. Brian Wasson

    Brian Wasson Guest

    Does anyone know of a manufacturer/retailer that has rubber covers for SPD cleats? (Like are made
    for Look cleats.) I haven't been able to find any. I know SPDs are much more walkable than Look
    cleats, but a cover would still be nice for certain instances.

    Tags:

  2. NeauDL

    NeauDL Guest

    Use the road cleat, SH-71, and the metal cleat will not extend past the plastic pontoon and touch
    the ground. The SH-51 mountain cleat on a road shoe makes for unstable walking.

    L. D. Lide

  3. Kyle.B.H

    Kyle.B.H Guest

    "NeauDL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Use the road cleat, SH-71, and the metal cleat will not extend past the
    plastic
    > pontoon and touch the ground. The SH-51 mountain cleat on a road shoe
    makes
    > for unstable walking.

    So SH-71 cleats are thinner?

  4. MikeYankee

    MikeYankee Guest

    I've never seen cleat covers for SPD's but I make my own outriggers with scraps of automotive V-
    belt, stuck on the soles with contact cement. Thus equipped, my shoes walk fine...

    Mike Yankee

    (Address is munged to thwart spammers. To reply, delete everything after "com".)

  5. briwasson-<< Does anyone know of a manufacturer/retailer that has rubber covers for SPD cleats
    >><BR><BR>

    Nope but shimano does have 'pontoons'. Little doo-hickeys that mount under the cleats that make
    walking on them easier. For road shoes only.

  6. Onefred

    Onefred Guest

    "Kyle.B.H" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_s03...

    > "NeauDL" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Use the road cleat, SH-71, and the metal cleat will not extend past the
    > plastic
    > > pontoon and touch the ground. The SH-51 mountain cleat on a road shoe
    > makes
    > > for unstable walking.
    >

    > So SH-71 cleats are thinner?

    Maybe not but they come with the little pontoons that he mentioned. The mtn bike cleats do not come
    w/pontoons.