SPD cleat covers?

Brian Wasson

Guest
Does anyone know of a manufacturer/retailer that has rubber covers for SPD cleats? (Like are made
for Look cleats.) I haven't been able to find any. I know SPDs are much more walkable than Look
cleats, but a cover would still be nice for certain instances.

Use the road cleat, SH-71, and the metal cleat will not extend past the plastic pontoon and touch
the ground. The SH-51 mountain cleat on a road shoe makes for unstable walking.

L. D. Lide

"NeauDL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Use the road cleat, SH-71, and the metal cleat will not extend past the
plastic
> pontoon and touch the ground. The SH-51 mountain cleat on a road shoe
makes
> for unstable walking.

So SH-71 cleats are thinner?

I've never seen cleat covers for SPD's but I make my own outriggers with scraps of automotive V-
belt, stuck on the soles with contact cement. Thus equipped, my shoes walk fine...

Mike Yankee

(Address is munged to thwart spammers. To reply, delete everything after "com".)

briwasson-<< Does anyone know of a manufacturer/retailer that has rubber covers for SPD cleats
>><BR><BR>

Nope but shimano does have 'pontoons'. Little doo-hickeys that mount under the cleats that make
walking on them easier. For road shoes only.

"Kyle.B.H" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "NeauDL" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Use the road cleat, SH-71, and the metal cleat will not extend past the
> plastic
> > pontoon and touch the ground. The SH-51 mountain cleat on a road shoe
> makes
> > for unstable walking.
>

> So SH-71 cleats are thinner?

Maybe not but they come with the little pontoons that he mentioned. The mtn bike cleats do not come
w/pontoons.