SPD cleats

Daniel Wilcox

Guest
I want to replace the cleats on my shoes which are listed as SM-SH51 on the cleat, I have been using
these on M515 pedals. The website I am about to order from insists that SH51 cleats should only be
used on M959 pedals and that the replacements I need are SH52. Is this an error on their part or
have I been using the wrong combination of cleats and pedals? I can't believe that as they seem to
work fine. Anyway whats the difference?

Thanks,

Daniel.

Originally posted by Daniel Wilcox
I want to replace the cleats on my shoes which are listed as SM-SH51 on the cleat, I have been using
these on M515 pedals. The website I am about to order from insists that SH51 cleats should only be
used on M959 pedals and that the replacements I need are SH52. Is this an error on their part or
have I been using the wrong combination of cleats and pedals? I can't believe that as they seem to
work fine. Anyway whats the difference?

Thanks,

Daniel.

SM-SH51
SPD Single Release Cleat Set Single Direction Release
Compatible with PD-M959/646/545/536/424/515/505/324/323/A515
Per Shimano at URL:
http://bike.shimano.com/Footwear_Pedals/SPD_Accessories/componenttemplate.asp?partnumber=SM-SH51
SM-SH55
SPD Multi-Directional Release Cleat Set Multi-Directional Release Design
Compatible with PD-M646/545/536/424/515/505/324/323/A515
Per Shimano at URL:
http://bike.shimano.com/Footwear_Pedals/SPD_Accessories/componenttemplate.asp?partnumber=SM-SH55
SM-SH52, SM-SH51, SM-SH55 Work with PD-M747, M646, M636, M545, M434, M535, M515, M323, A525, M737 and M525
There are a couple usable combinations, which can be substituted for the recommended cleat:
PD-M747, M646, M636, M545, M434, M535, and M515 can use all cleats (SM-SH70, 71, 51, 55
Per Shimano at URL:
http://bike.shimano.com/services/faq.asp#5
Note: On the FAQ Page, answer #5, Shimano says shoes where they mean pedals.
David Ornee

Both are good (and also the SH55 is good). Look in

http://bike.shimano.com/footwear_pedals/size_chart/index.asp

Carlos