SPD School shoes? DO they exist?

Sam123

Aug 1, 2009
SPD School shoes? DO they exist?

Well yeh im giving my moutain bike to my dad and im riding my road bike to school and back. Was just wondering as ive got SPD pedals on it i would like SPD school shoes that i can use on the bike.

Also i woud like to remove the cleats each time i get at school of course..

Also if theirs one you can like push the cleat up in the shoe aswell.. that would be good so i dont have to keep removing..

Is there any shops that would do them in England/Kent?

Or order them from somewhere?

Doesn't matter about time i have 6 weeks yet untill i go back to school.

I don't believe what you're looking for exists.

Removing cleats isn't trivial, especially after you've ridden the shoes for a while and the bolts become worn and often caked with silt and road debris. It's not the kind of thing you'd want to do on a daily basis.

There are plenty of mountain bike style shoes with recessed cleats but then you're walking around school with deep lugged soles sort of like walking around in soccer cleats. There are more casual versions with softer soles like these:
Shimano SH-MT31 MTB Shoe
Diadora Bike Patrol Shoe
Adidas Plush XL MTB Shoe

But you still wouldn't want to remove and replace the cleats daily and even with the recessed cleats the school may not want you walking around with metal on the bottom of your shoes.

Why not wear these without the cleats or just normal tennies with a platform pedal with or without toe straps? Sometimes old school really does work...

-Dave

There more like of a trainer type, i would need school shoes :\

I cant wear normal school shoes on SPD pedals.

I wouldn't mind taking the cleats out each time. I stop at a friends house before i go to school anyway.

Ive also seen people wear Sandles with cleats on them aswell clipped into SPD's.

Can you not just bring extra shoes to school, or leave a set at your friend house. It would be a lot easier than any option. How about new pedals. There are spd pedals with platforms on one side, or platform which click into spd pedal if you have a double sided set.

Id look pretty stupid with my unifrom with my bike shoes lol :\

Erm if i was to you the bike shoes.

What are them things called that go around your ancles so trousers dont get caught in the Cranksets There like little bands.

By the way, wheres the logout button on this forums cant find it anyway lol.

Sam123 said:
What are them things called that go around your ancles so trousers dont get caught in the Cranksets There like little bands.
They're called trouser clips. They've been totally supplanted on bike shop shelves by reflective velcro straps, but your local shop should be able to order a pair for you.

Another shoe you might want to check out is the Bontrager Street shoe (http://www.bontrager.com/model/07820). It's basically a casual black MTB shoe.

Mmm, they do look a bit like trainers, sorta, dont know if i'd get away with them in school, and $99.99, is like £59 in england.

Im looking for some around £40.