spd shoe sizes



G

garryb59

Guest
ok, 'how long's a pisece of string', but I'm looking at some SPD shoes
on Ebay that are size 46. I take a UK size 11, and according to the
conversion charts size 'Euro m46' is what i want.

And yes, I know....'try some', but l'd still appeciate any experiences
with this size...and sepcifically the conversion of size UK to SPD
size..

Thanks in advance for any replies.

An apologies in advance too....I'm also a football supporter!!!

garryb
[beer]
 
W

Whingin' Pom

Guest
On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 00:44:06 +0100, garryb59
<[email protected]> () wrote:

>
>ok, 'how long's a pisece of string', but I'm looking at some SPD shoes
>on Ebay that are size 46. I take a UK size 11, and according to the
>conversion charts size 'Euro m46' is what i want.
>
>And yes, I know....'try some', but l'd still appeciate any experiences
>with this size...and sepcifically the conversion of size UK to SPD
>size..


I have size 11UK feet and take a 47 in Specialized Sonomas. Nice
shoe, comfy (IMO), reasonably wide, reasonably easy to walk in, not
too brightly coloured. I like 'em. Wouldn't buy shoes without trying
them, though. What brand are they?


>Thanks in advance for any replies.
>
>An apologies in advance too....I'm also a football supporter!!!


<ROT13'd to prevent spoiler>

Sfpxva' cranygvrf! NTNVA! Thggrq.


--
Matt K
Waikikamukau,NZ
 
R

RG

Guest
"garryb59" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> ok, 'how long's a pisece of string', but I'm looking at some SPD shoes
> on Ebay that are size 46. I take a UK size 11, and according to the
> conversion charts size 'Euro m46' is what i want.
>
> And yes, I know....'try some', but l'd still appeciate any experiences
> with this size...and sepcifically the conversion of size UK to SPD
> size..
>
> Thanks in advance for any replies.
>
> An apologies in advance too....I'm also a football supporter!!!
>
> garryb
> [beer]


I suggest you go the LBS and try a "new" pair of the shoes on to decide your
size ..... a bit mean I know but a bargain is a bargain.

As a guide - I take 45 in regular shoes but needed a 47 in either Shimano or
Specialized shoes (I did buy my Shimano M037 shoes from the LBS but then
bought a second pair, brand new, on ebay for £20 in the comfort that I knew
they would fit)

RG
 
D

Dr Curious

Guest
"RG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> "garryb59" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >
> > ok, 'how long's a pisece of string', but I'm looking at some SPD shoes
> > on Ebay that are size 46. I take a UK size 11, and according to the
> > conversion charts size 'Euro m46' is what i want.
> >
> > And yes, I know....'try some', but l'd still appeciate any experiences
> > with this size...and sepcifically the conversion of size UK to SPD
> > size..
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any replies.
> >
> > An apologies in advance too....I'm also a football supporter!!!
> >
> > garryb
> > [beer]

>
> I suggest you go the LBS and try a "new" pair of the shoes on to decide
> your size ..... a bit mean I know but a bargain is a bargain.


....

May I suggest TOBSAGFMA (the other bike shop a good few miles away) as
an alternative ? In my LBS you get "the stare" when you only buy
a strip of patches. Never mind getting them pulling down boxes of
shoes.

Also modern salesmen (except in Dixons anyway) are taught never to
accept a "no " for an answer. If you claim they don't quite fit - so
as to get out of the shop, they'll have them in sizes and widths you've
never even heard of. Same with styles and colours. If you've got the
"front" for it then fair enough. Otherwise you can end up making yourself
look just like the type of awkward pain in the a*** you're yourself
always trying to avoid.

So just to be on the safe side, remember to leave your credit card
at home. Oops! "That's all right sir, we can put them aside for you".
And so you'll never be able to ride past that bike shop - during opening
hours anyway - for the next 5 years at least.




Curious

....

>
> As a guide - I take 45 in regular shoes but needed a 47 in either Shimano

or
> Specialized shoes (I did buy my Shimano M037 shoes from the LBS but then
> bought a second pair, brand new, on ebay for £20 in the comfort that I

knew
> they would fit)
>
> RG
>
>
 
G

garryb59

Guest
On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:07:19 +1200, Whingin' Pom
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 00:44:06 +0100, garryb59
><[email protected]> () wrote:
>
>>
>>ok, 'how long's a pisece of string', but I'm looking at some SPD shoes
>>on Ebay that are size 46. I take a UK size 11, and according to the
>>conversion charts size 'Euro m46' is what i want.
>>
>>And yes, I know....'try some', but l'd still appeciate any experiences
>>with this size...and sepcifically the conversion of size UK to SPD
>>size..

>
>I have size 11UK feet and take a 47 in Specialized Sonomas. Nice
>shoe, comfy (IMO), reasonably wide, reasonably easy to walk in, not
>too brightly coloured. I like 'em. Wouldn't buy shoes without trying
>them, though.


No, that's right, bit of a no-brainer really.

>What brand are they?


http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22686&item=3683756498&rd=1

cheers anyway
Garry

>>Thanks in advance for any replies.
>>
>>An apologies in advance too....I'm also a football supporter!!!

>
><ROT13'd to prevent spoiler>
>
>Sfpxva' cranygvrf! NTNVA! Thggrq.
 
G

gemarc

Guest
I have puechased 3 pairs of spd type shoes and I always find I need a
size bigger than my normal shoe size

Tim



--
 
T

Tom Orr

Guest
"garryb59" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> ok, 'how long's a pisece of string', but I'm looking at some SPD shoes
> on Ebay that are size 46. I take a UK size 11, and according to the
> conversion charts size 'Euro m46' is what i want.
>

At last a question I can answer . . . okay, I'm wearing SPDs as I type this
so I'll have a look - I take size 10.5 and Specialised size 45 are a perfect
fit for me. I found Shimano a bit too narrow as I have quite wide feet
though that was a couple of years (and shoe models) ago.

Tom.
 
I

Ian G Batten

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
garryb59 <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> ok, 'how long's a pisece of string', but I'm looking at some SPD shoes
> on Ebay that are size 46. I take a UK size 11, and according to the
> conversion charts size 'Euro m46' is what i want.
>


I often wear a size 12 shoe and my size 46 SPDs (M038, I think) are
fine. Snug, but fine.

ian
 
K

Keith Willoughby

Guest
Ian G Batten wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> garryb59 <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> ok, 'how long's a pisece of string', but I'm looking at some SPD shoes
>> on Ebay that are size 46. I take a UK size 11, and according to the
>> conversion charts size 'Euro m46' is what i want.
>>

>
> I often wear a size 12 shoe and my size 46 SPDs (M038, I think) are
> fine. Snug, but fine.


I also have M038s[1] in a 46. I normally take a 10, sometimes an
11. They're every so slightly too narrow for me, but wearable.



[1] I can't believe I wear shoes with a model number.

--
Keith Willoughby http://flat222.org/keith/
Jebus loves you
 
P

Peter Clinch

Guest
garryb59 wrote:

> And yes, I know....'try some', but l'd still appeciate any experiences
> with this size...and sepcifically the conversion of size UK to SPD
> size..


There really isn't an "SPD size". Euro sizes are fairly standard on a
lot of footwear: A quick Google reveals
http://www.dancesport.uk.com/shoes/conchart.htm for this.

But note that not everyone's idea o sizes are the same. I wear shoes
ranging from 8 to 10 UK, so you can't assume a given manufacturer of
shoes has the same idea about what constitutes a size X as another.

Also the case that different sizes do not describe the overall shape of
the shoe. Feet are wide, narrow, high and low, flexible and rigid in
different places and so are different designs of shoes. The *only* way
to be sure you have a good set for you is to try some on.
For example, I don't fit Shimano shoes at all well, so by the time
they're wide enough for my feet by moving up sizes they're far too long.
OTOH Roos has a pair that fit her well. There's no substitute for
trying them on, and I really can't recommend any sort of mail order for
shoes unless you've already tried something the same or similar on (one
Shimano general MTB shoe will be like most others, for example) or you
have no choice. In the latter choice, make sure you can send them back
if at all possible, and pending possible return don't wear them outside
until you're certain they're a good fit.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Univ. of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
net [email protected] http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/
 
W

Whingin' Pom

Guest
On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:13:46 +0100, garryb59
<[email protected]> () wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:07:19 +1200, Whingin' Pom
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 00:44:06 +0100, garryb59
>><[email protected]> () wrote:
>>
>>>And yes, I know....'try some', but l'd still appeciate any experiences
>>>with this size...and sepcifically the conversion of size UK to SPD
>>>size..

>>
>>I have size 11UK feet and take a 47 in Specialized Sonomas. Nice
>>shoe, comfy (IMO), reasonably wide, reasonably easy to walk in, not
>>too brightly coloured. I like 'em. Wouldn't buy shoes without trying
>>them, though.

>
>No, that's right, bit of a no-brainer really.


:)
Depends on how much of a bargain you're getting. RRP seems to be
about £35-£50 depending on where you shop.

>>What brand are they?

>
>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22686&item=3683756498&rd=1


As others have said, Shimano are on the narrow side. See if the seller
will take them back if they don't fit, or you could always put them up
on eBay again.


--
Matt K
Waikikamukau,NZ
 
S

Simon Brooke

Guest
in message <[email protected]>, garryb59
('[email protected]') wrote:

>
> ok, 'how long's a pisece of string', but I'm looking at some SPD shoes
> on Ebay that are size 46. I take a UK size 11, and according to the
> conversion charts size 'Euro m46' is what i want.
>
> And yes, I know....'try some', but l'd still appeciate any experiences
> with this size...and sepcifically the conversion of size UK to SPD
> size..


There's no specific conversion of UK size to 'SPD size'; the 46 quoted
will be a normal European shoe size. However, beware that several
brands of cycling shoes, particularly Shimano, are made for people with
amazingly narrow feet. I would not buy a pair of cycling shoes off eBay
- you really do need to try them on to know whether they're any good.

--
[email protected] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

---===***<<< This space to let! >>>***===---
Yes! You, too, can SPAM in the Famous Brooke Rotating .sig!
---===***<<< Only $300 per line >>>***===---