SPD shoes for children?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by John Olson, Apr 18, 2003.

  1. John Olson

    John Olson Guest

    Does anyone know if it is possible to get small SPD compatible shoes for children? If I'm reading
    the label correctly, my son's trainers are euro size 32.

    Cheers

    John

    ---

  2. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 09:41:38 +0000 (UTC), "John Olson" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Does anyone know if it is possible to get small SPD compatible shoes for children? If I'm reading
    >the label correctly, my son's trainers are euro size 32.

    Hi John

    I can't help you at all with your queery, sorry. But is is really worth bothering with SPDs? If your
    son's feet grow as fast as mine used to then his shoes will last only a matter of months.

    This really could be a case for toe straps.

    James

    --
    "Watch the kite, not where you're going!"

  3. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    James Hodson <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 09:41:38 +0000 (UTC), "John Olson" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I can't help you at all with your queery, sorry. But is is really worth bothering with SPDs? If
    > your son's feet grow as fast as mine used to then his shoes will last only a matter of months.
    >
    > This really could be a case for toe straps.

    I don't really understand this advice. As his feet grow he will need new cycling shoes of course.
    But this will apply equally whether he's using toeclips and straps or a clipless system. If the
    cleats are not worn out they will simply be transferred to the next shoe, and if they are worn out
    they'll need replacing whether the shoe has been outgrown or not.

    --
    Dave...

  4. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On 18 Apr 2003 18:00:28 -0700, [email protected] (Dave Kahn) wrote:

    >> This really could be a case for toe straps.
    >
    >I don't really understand this advice. As his feet grow he will need new cycling shoes of course.
    >But this will apply equally whether he's using toeclips and straps or a clipless system. If the
    >cleats are not worn out they will simply be transferred to the next shoe, and if they are worn out
    >they'll need replacing whether the shoe has been outgrown or not.

    Hi Dave

    You certainly have a point. I probably meant to say that your son could get by with non-cycling
    shoes for a while.

    Incidentally, how old is he? If my memory serves me correctly, my feet stopped growing when I was in
    my early teens - about 14 or so.

    Regards James

    --
    "Watch the kite, not where you're going!"