spd shoes

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon Gooch, Sep 27, 2004.

  1. Simon Gooch

    Simon Gooch Guest

    Help

    Just got back from my first trip with sped pedals/ shoes.

    Why does my right foot ache so much, from little toe to heel .

    Help

    Simon

    Tags:

  2. Paul - xxx

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Simon Gooch vaguely muttered something like ...
    > Help
    >
    > Just got back from my first trip with sped pedals/ shoes.
    >
    > Why does my right foot ache so much, from little toe to heel .

    I find many 'bike' shoes are too narrow for me. I often have to go up at
    least one or two sizes to get anything like comfy .. Unless I spend a small
    fortune .. ;)

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) Homer Rules !!!

  3. On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:33:17 +0000, Simon Gooch wrote:

    > Help
    >
    > Just got back from my first trip with sped pedals/ shoes.
    >
    > Why does my right foot ache so much, from little toe to heel .
    >
    > Help
    >
    > Simon

    This happened to me when I first used SPDs, went away after a couple of
    days and I would *never* go back now.

    Stick with it, if you continue to have problems then worry.

  4. Ian

    Ian Guest

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:33:17 GMT, "Simon Gooch" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >ust got back from my first trip with sped pedals/ shoes.
    >
    >Why does my right foot ache so much, from little toe to heel .

    Maybe you have tightened the she too much (or possibly the opposite).
    Try adjusting the tension when you put the shoe on.

  5. In news:[email protected],
    Simon Gooch <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Help
    >
    > Just got back from my first trip with sped pedals/ shoes.
    >
    > Why does my right foot ache so much, from little toe to heel .
    >
    > Help
    >
    > Simon

    Same happened to me 3 weeks ago. I found that the way I had attached the
    cleat was causing the shoe to sit on the pedal slightly toe-in, so I was
    constantly twisting my foot around inside the shoe ever so slightly, causing
    my foot to curl a bit and ache at the end of the ride. A small adjustment of
    the cleat now allows my foot to sit in its natural position.
    --

    Martin Bulmer

  6. Paul - xxx

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Brian Innes vaguely muttered something like ...
    > On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:46:24 +0100, Paul - xxx wrote:
    >

    >> I find many 'bike' shoes are too narrow for me. I often have to go up at
    >> least one or two sizes to get anything like comfy .. Unless I spend a
    >> small fortune .. ;)

    > Hope thats not the case for me, otherwise I'd need a size 50 or 51!!!!!!

    LOL .. I'd guess a lot depends on the shoe and it's manufacturer. Rarely do
    two manufacturers make two supposedly identically sized shoes exactly the
    same size in all dimensions .. ;)

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) Homer Rules !!!